ELIMINATE THE MISTAKES

For those of you that are struggling to understand the underlying message in my post:

Last nights collapse was largely due to mental issues not lack of physical ability or talent. Mental mistakes can be eliminated, pure lack of talent cannot. I believe our current coaching staff will eliminate the metal gaffs.

I hope that helps.

For those of you that are struggling to understand the underlying message in my post:

Last nights collapse was largely due to mental issues not lack of physical ability or talent. Mental mistakes can be eliminated, pure lack of talent cannot. I believe our current coaching staff will eliminate the metal gaffs.

I hope that helps.

Your post is fairly clear and I agree. It will just take more time to lessen these mental mistakes. Whole new offensive and defensive schemes. Plus we have a lot of inexperienced guys. They just need time. They'll get better.

Last nights collapse was largely due to mental issues not lack of physical ability or talent.

The talent on this team is concentrated to a few positions....RB, DL and 2ndary. There are huge holes at QB, LT/RT, WR (even though I like S. Johnson and Lee) and OLB/MLB.

If you're looking for different results out of bad players like Trent, Maybin, Merideth/Bell and Hardy then you are very mistaken. Chan is a good coach, not a miracle worker.

The Bills problems from last year looked exactly the same last night. Horrible QB play, bad protection and no pass rush (against the 1st and 2nd stringers).

The run defense did look improved.

I hope that helps.

But, couldn't the same be said for Ryan Leaf? JaMarcus Russell?

Fraiser Crane couldn't fix their heads.

Stupid penalties

- Stupar's hold costs us a potential TD and HUGE momentum

- Maybin's roughing call keeps a drive alive

- Davis illegal contact

Stupid throws

- Trent has got to be more disciplined and NOT make that throw

Evans

- come back to the ball Lee, that's WR 101.

Fumbled punts

- Anyone know who dropped the punt?

Unless I'm mistaken that's 21 points as a result of STUPIDITY. A little help, the officials actually making the correct calls wouldn't have hurt either. Apparently no one saw Harris get blasted right in the middle of the back on the punt that was returned for a TD!

We're not going to be a great team but if we can eliminate the mistakes we can at least stay in the game!

Lankster, I think.

It worked for the 2008 Dolphins they essentially won 11 games by playing not to loose. All in all any team needs to avoid penalties and turnovers. DJ's teams were cheap with depth and other moves. They preferred to bring in late round picks and younger players over resigning or bringing in veteran players. These mistakes are made by a factor of having a lot of inexpedience players on the roster.

I'm not saying that you're blaming Evans for that pick but that was all on Trent. Trent's biggest problem is not pulling the trigger in tight spots. He had plenty of time in the pocket and Lee ran some sort of speed cut. Trent DOES NOT THROW AT THE TOP OF HIS DROP, he moves out of the pocket, Lee IS sitting and waiting, but the ball should've never been thrown in the first place because the CB was sitting on the route at that point. DB's are taught that once a QB breaks the pocket, to sit on WR's on the sidelines. You see it all of the time.

After 4 years in the NFL, Trent's picks all look the same. Late throw after late throw! He either doesn't trust his arm or he will never understand that a QB must throw with anticipation. Trent just doesn't do that.

He also missed a wide open Johnson the play before. Johnson had at leat 4 steps on Rodgers and what does Trent do? Wait until he's cleared everyone and overthrows him by 10 yards instead anticipating the route and getting the ball in the air sooner.

Guys, this IS TRENT EDWARDS. If it's not short passes, it's hesitation and bad decisions follow.

OK, a couple things about the interception. First, someone blew their blocking assignment because what the hell was CJ Spiller doing blocking Adam Carriker who I believe is a defensive end. Second, Lee stood there waiting for the ball instead of trying to help his QB by running towards him. If Lee drives to the ball, the worst the play ends up being is incomplete. Third, instead of trying to rip a quick one on a busted play, Trent should have either ran it for a few yards or thrown it away.

And Lankster (muffed punt) needs to catch the ball before trying to run with it, and actually should have called for a fair catch.

OK, a couple things about the interception. First, someone blew their blocking assignment because what the hell was CJ Spiller doing blocking Adam Carriker who I believe is a defensive end. Second, Lee stood there waiting for the ball instead of trying to help his QB by running towards him. If Lee drives to the ball, the worst the play ends up being is incomplete. Third, instead of trying to rip a quick one on a busted play, Trent should have either ran it for a few yards or thrown it away.

Watch it again. He looks Lee's way at the top of his drop and doesn't pull the trigger. Then he moves around to buy some time (nice) but he makes the same mistake that he makes all of the time, he throws LATE. Anyone who knows the QB position will say that you don't throw that ball because CB's are taught to bait that throw. Bottom line is if he didn't see Lee breaking back, he should've thrown it away. 4 years later, same mistakes.

Your post is fairly clear and I agree. It will just take more time to lessen these mental mistakes. Whole new offensive and defensive schemes. Plus we have a lot of inexperienced guys. They just need time. They'll get better.

Don't make excuses. They sucked!

I hope that helps.

Enough with the excuses Mike. They sucked and everyone seems to know that except you. I don't want to hear your excuses for this second rate team.