A Bush I would vote for...

...if I had a Heisman vote: Reggie Bush of USC. He is something special and showed again today against upset-minded UCLA why he should be in the mix: 277 all-purpose yards (204 rushing) and TD runs of 65 and 81 yards.

There are only a few guys out there who are bonafide game-breakers. This kid is one of them--he has the burners and the shiftiness to take it to the house from anywhere on the field. Running, pass receiving, returns--I've seen him at least 4-5 games this fall and he's made a bigtime play in every one.

Two in the bush are better than one in the hand.

Or something like that.

146038[/snapback]

Which reminds me of an old SNL Weekend Update episode with Jane Curtain. SHe reported that a new birth control method was being introduced wherein a woman has a lima bean-shaped birth control device surgically implanted in the palm of her hand. The company who made the device was releasing it soon, with the tag line: One in the hand is worth two in the bush.

They did a comparison of Bush with OJ Simpson's college days. They look pretty similar. Adrian Peterson of Oklahoma is pretty good too. Somewhere I heard this described as the year of the running back in college football. Apparently for good reason.