Trent is the guy

I thought there was definitely more upside to Trent's play than Fitz's. Take away the INT (which was very, very bad) and the overthrow on the deep pass and it was a serviceable performance. I thought Fitz looked like sh-- for the most part. Bad pocket presence, bad timing on his throws, off target a lot. He was the benefactor of a nice run play and blown coverage in the end zone.

Neither of these guys are the answer though.

Now, I only got one look at that play, but it seemed to me, Trent made a nice throw, but Steve Johnson just stopped running...I guess the Bills don't go long very often, so who could blame him?

I think a lot of that restraint is coming from most of the board falling in the category of "Well, the team doesn't look good - I am not surprised in the least" group.

Let's face it, we all knew this was a rebuild year and that the #1 and #2 QBs would require a Drew Brees-like salvation to improve this team's dismal offense.

It is what it is.

Well said. In order to get upset over a bad showing in a preseason game, you probably had to have some high expectations going in. Most of us have pretty low expectations for this year, so who cares about a bad preseason game?

I'll admit that the first offensive drive almost got my hopes up, though. Almost.

Well said. In order to get upset over a bad showing in a preseason game, you probably had to have some high expectations going in. Most of us have pretty low expectations for this year, so who cares about a bad preseason game?

I'll admit that the first offensive drive almost got my hopes up, though. Almost.

You're not alone on that. It was a good executed drive, and that damn holding penalty just killed us.

I get the feeling we're going to need a lot of drives like that, a good dose of running mixed with high percentage passes.

I liked the deep pass to Johnson, even if it was overthrown.