A sign of COACHING yet to come?

SoggyHog

Perhaps, I am missing the boat but that is my take on things. Not sure if I answered your questions?

The ship has sailed and you're still standing at the dock.

It amazes me how fans presume to know what a coaching staff is thinking or planning. This has nothing to do with whether or not I think the Bills will be competitive this year. It's about overreacting to the first preseason game.

Look, I get it. Everyone is trying to find a sign -- a way to predict what is to come in September and beyond. It's just idiotic to draw broad conclusions from Friday night's performance -- and I'd be saying the same thing if the score had been reversed.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The ship has sailed and you're still standing at the dock.

It amazes me how fans presume to know what a coaching staff is thinking or planning. This has nothing to do with whether or not I think the Bills will be competitive this year. It's about overreacting to the first preseason game.

Look, I get it. Everyone is trying to find a sign -- a way to predict what is to come in September and beyond. It's just idiotic to draw broad conclusions from Friday night's performance -- and I'd be saying the same thing if the score had been reversed.

I would suggest reading the posts again instead of overacting, making incorrect statements, and using insulting language. You might get a little more respect around here.

I would suggest reading the posts again instead of overacting, making incorrect statements, and using insulting language. You might get a little more respect around here.

I couldn't care less who respects me around here. And I use insulting language when it fits.

Before you get your collective panties in a knot over Chan getting conservative (in pre-season game#1 no less), have you considered that Chan wanted to practice drawing the opponent offsides? And did you hear that yesterday was a pre-season game? I'm not sure judging by the comments.

PTR

That's hilarious. The "try to draw the opponent offsides, but otherwise don't snap the ball" move has worked like 4 times in NFL history. They might as well practice the Immaculate Reception.

The "try to draw the opponent offsides, but otherwise don't snap the ball" move has worked like 4 times in NFL history.

Chan added a new twist actually. Wasting a timeout at the end of it all instead of taking the 5 yard penalty at midfield thus helping to use all timeouts with 8 minutes (almost) left in the half. That was DJ worthy. :lol:

Of course if whoever called the timeout learned not to ever !@#$ing do that again in their lives, then it was worth the brain fart in preseason.

I think it all boils down to what does the team need to practice more ....

Fourth and short to accomplish a possible game changing play

or

A punt

We can all rest assured that when "crunch time" comes Mooreman will be able to take the field with full confidance that he's seen this situation in preseason.

:wallbash:

Based on giving up TD on a punt return; I think they need practice with that also.