2010 Divisional Game Scheduling

BUFFALOKIE

I was just looking over the 2010 schedule for fantasy football purposes. One thing that that stood out to me is that the AFC East plays all of their divisional matchups in weeks one through four and weeks 13 through 16. Detroit is the only other team with a similar schedule in this regard. Then I noticed that all of the AFC divisional games are generally toward the beginning of the season and at the end, while the NFC divisional games are more evenly distributed throughout the season.

Another oddity that I noticed is the divisional matchups for Chicago and Detroit. Chicagos first three divisional games are at home. Detroits first three divisional games are on the road.

Ive never paid much attention to other teams schedules. Has week 17 always consisted entirely of divisional matchups? I remember the commish stating that there would be more divisional games toward the end of the season to avoid situations such as Indys last year. That definitely seems to be the case this year.

With our final three divisional matchups in the last four weeks of the season, maybe we will still have some hope to cling to at the end of the season.

I’ve never paid much attention to other teams schedules. Has week 17 always consisted entirely of divisional matchups? I remember the commish stating that there would be more divisional games toward the end of the season to avoid situations such as Indy’s last year. That definitely seems to be the case this year.

The answer to the question is no, and the reason in the second part I bolded. The commish basically dictated to the schedule makers that the last two weeks of the season have as many divisional games as possible, so that it is less likely that a team can get away with coasting through those weeks.

SSDD

I was just looking over the 2010 schedule for fantasy football purposes. One thing that that stood out to me is that the AFC East plays all of their divisional matchups in weeks one through four and weeks 13 through 16. Detroit is the only other team with a similar schedule in this regard. Then I noticed that all of the AFC divisional games are generally toward the beginning of the season and at the end, while the NFC divisional games are more evenly distributed throughout the season.

Another oddity that I noticed is the divisional matchups for Chicago and Detroit. Chicago’s first three divisional games are at home. Detroit’s first three divisional games are on the road.

I’ve never paid much attention to other teams schedules. Has week 17 always consisted entirely of divisional matchups? I remember the commish stating that there would be more divisional games toward the end of the season to avoid situations such as Indy’s last year. That definitely seems to be the case this year.

With our final three divisional matchups in the last four weeks of the season, maybe we will still have some hope to cling to at the end of the season.

Buffalokie I have to give you props on this thread for a few different reasons which don't always come up on this Board.

1. You took something that I haven't really thought about before and hasn't really been discussed on this Board a lot, namely the schedule anomaly;

2. Then you analytically broke it down into a set of facts and comparisons around the league;

3. Then you tied it in to a fact concerning the Bills' schedule;

4. And then you finished with why it is important (or could be) to the Bills' season.

Seriously, dude, nice. I was expecting nothing when I came in and instead I went:

"OK, didn't know that..."

"Interesting..."

"Good point..."

"True!"

Honestly, a very purposeful and thought out post.

:thumbsup: