OT: Anyone hear the new JayZ - Linkin Park CD

daquixers

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I cant stand Avril Lavigne, good charlotte, simple plan or any other pop bands in the country. TBS isnt very well known. They just started selling a lot of CD's ... Look at my SIG - I dont like PUNK. I like EMO.

I like:

_____

Taking Back Sunday (best band ever - not 'pop'ish)

Rufio

Linkin Park (most 'pop'ish band I like)

My Chemical Romance

Dashboard Confessional

... etc

Music is all relative to the person

145858[/snapback]

Taking Back Sunday kicks ass. Similar bands that are just as good would be Sugarcult and Brand New. No idea on any official classification of any of those bands.

Nine Inch Nails and Deftones need to come back soon.

And I wish Incubus would go back to sounding the way they did from 1997-2001. And Weezer should consider making their next album with songs that last more than 2 minutes each (see also: the Blue Album).

Taking Back Sunday kicks ass.  Similar bands that are just as good would be Sugarcult and Brand New.  No idea on any official classification of any of those bands.

Nine Inch Nails and Deftones need to come back soon.

And I wish Incubus would go back to sounding the way they did from 1997-2001.  And Weezer should consider making their next album with songs that last more than 2 minutes each (see also: the Blue Album).

145911[/snapback]

Dude. You are my friggin hero. I agreed with every single thing you just said. TBS is friggin awesome. Brand new is good too. NIN was great in the day. I just saw a Incubus concert in Rochester last year and they are way different!

I'm glad ton see someone share's my taste.

Just curious, what is the difference between punk and emo??

145907[/snapback]

Bands like Blink 182, Greenday ... and some others are 'considered' PUNK.

Emo stands for 'emotional' and some emo bands are:

Taking Back Sunday

Dashboard Confessional

Rufio

Brand New

Thursday

Finch (some of their stuff)

Further Seems Forever*

Dead Poetic*

Mae*

* Bands that are considered "emo" but I personally dont like.

Dude. You are my friggin hero. I agreed with every single thing you just said. TBS is friggin awesome. Brand new is good too. NIN was great in the day. I just saw a Incubus concert in Rochester last year and they are way different!

I'm glad ton see someone share's my taste.

145918[/snapback]

I'd say I know the first three songs on "Where You Want to Be" by heart, as well as "Great Romances of the 20th Century", "Cute without the E", and "You're So Last Summer" from "Tell All Your Friends". Both are great albums.

I saw Incubus and the Deftones together (!) back in November 2000 in Toronto. Amazing show. Deftones played for over 2 hours and covered all the best songs from their first three albums. I also saw Incubus at Ozzfest 2000 in Columbus. They were a lot more agressive then, and they actually rocked pretty hard.

I'd say I know the first three songs on "Where You Want to Be" by heart, as well as "Great Romances of the 20th Century", "Cute without the E", and "You're So Last Summer" from "Tell All Your Friends".  Both are great albums.

I saw Incubus and the Deftones together (!) back in November 2000 in Toronto.  Amazing show.  Deftones played for over 2 hours and covered all the best songs from their first three albums.  I also saw Incubus at Ozzfest 2000 in Columbus.  They were a lot more agressive then, and they actually rocked pretty hard.

145925[/snapback]

Nice.

I like all the stuff Rico listed and some of the stuff SilverNRed and daquixers listed but never cared for Incubus. Just seemed they were a regular alternative band(whatever the hell that means anyways) who just threw in a record scratcher guy just for no reason. Some of their early stuff wasn't too bad but as soon as they went for radio that pretty much killed it for me.

I like all the stuff Rico listed and some of the stuff SilverNRed and daquixers listed but never cared for Incubus. Just seemed they were a regular alternative band(whatever the hell that means anyways) who just threw in a record scratcher guy just for no reason. Some of their early stuff wasn't too bad but as soon as they went for radio that pretty much killed it for me.

145934[/snapback]

I agree with the 2nd half of your statement - I agree that their early stuff was pretty darn good - but they changed for the radio - im almost sure.

While I'm at it, I'll stand up for one of the best, and definitely the most underrated, bands of the past 10 years.

Third Eye Blind.

Averaging 9 great songs or so per album over 3 albums is basically unheard of.

Too bad the only thing everyone knows them for is "Semi-Charmed Life" (the doot-doot-doot, doot do-doot doot song).

145934[/snapback]

Are you talking about S.C.I.E.N.C.E. or Make Yourself? I love both those albums. Morning View had some great songs but it was much weaker from start to finish. I didn't even bother with the last one.

While I'm at it, I'll stand up for one of the best, and definitely the most underrated, bands of the past 10 years.

Third Eye Blind.

Averaging 9 great songs or so per album over 3 albums is basically unheard of.

Too bad the only thing everyone knows them for is "Semi-Charmed Life" (the doot-doot-doot, doot do-doot doot song).

145938[/snapback]

I love 'Jumper'