Everyone a Bigot?

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"If everyone is a bigot, then no one is."

Hmmmm lets try this reasoning

"if everyone is stealing, then no one is stealing" I now see how the bankers and the government excuse themselves

"if everyone is an idiot, than no one is" Connor, you're definitely off the hook on this board

" if everyone is fat, then no one is" thank goodness, I was thinking I should drop a few pounds but now back to tacos

I don't know how many times I have spotted what looks like something that might be a interesting topic on PPP only to open it and discover Conner has poisoned the well and ruined it. Can't Conner and responses to him be a sub thread to the real thread?

This was not an interesting topic. It's was not a good topic. Basically I pissed on a turd sandwich (and apparently you were thinking of eating that turd sandwich)

This was not an interesting topic. It's was not a good topic. Basically I pissed on a turd sandwich (and apparently you were thinking of eating that turd sandwich)

You flatter yourself far to much. It pissed on you[as normal] and otherwise intelligent posters responded to your child like ideas and ruined what could have been a interesting discussion.

"if everyone is stealing, then no one is stealing" I now see how the bankers and the government excuse themselves

That's pretty much the mentality at board levels and in Capitals around the country. Things that generations ago were inexcusable are now pretty much accepted.

Spend some time watching Charlie Rangel dare the Senate to do anything to him. It's like watching "The Boy Who Cried Wolf" in reverse.

If the ACLU is so liberal, then why are they suing Obama?

Seriously? You think a liberal organization can't sue a Democratic president?

If so, I'd like to congratulate you on your first original thought ever. Because there is absolutely no !@#$ing way anyone else said something this stupid.

Spend some time watching Charlie Rangel dare the Senate to do anything to him. It's like watching "The Boy Who Cried Wolf" in reverse.

The clips I heard from Charlie's birthday party were brilliant. "Please remember me in your prayers. It really works." I certainly did, Charlie... "Dear Lord, please smite the lying, two-faced heathen crook. Amen"

You flatter yourself far to much. It pissed on you[as normal] and otherwise intelligent posters responded to your child like ideas and ruined what could have been a interesting discussion.

If so, I'd like to congratulate you on your first original thought ever. Because there is absolutely no !@#$ing way anyone else said something this stupid.

Here we go. Train off the tracks, again thanks to Conner.

Perhaps we have different definitions of the term "liberal"?

Either way, I assert that the ACLU has no loyalty to the Democratic Party or it's goals.

Perhaps we have different definitions of the term "liberal"?

I would agree with that, and unkindly and accurately observe that you most certainly can't define it, if you think the ACLU isn't.

Either way, I assert that the ACLU has no loyalty to the Democratic Party or it's goals.

Therein lies the crux of your ass-hattedness: you think the Democratic Party is a liberal organization. :ph34r:

Hmmmm lets try this reasoning

"if everyone is an idiot, than no one is" Connor, you're definitely off the hook on this board

" if everyone is fat, then no one is" thank goodness, I was thinking I should drop a few pounds but now back to tacos

My personal favorite seems to be the mantra of this administration: If everyone is poor, then no one is poor.

It's so much easier to bring the wealthy even to the poor than wait for the poor to take responsibility for their poverty.

Lazier. And easier. Which is probably why an embarrassing dolt like Harry Reid can't understand why any Latino would be a Republican when it's so much easier to stand pat and wait for the Democrats to even things out.

My personal favorite seems to be the mantra of this administration: If everyone is poor, then no one is poor.

Reminds me of an age old Soviet joke, when Brezhnev was asked in defining Communism, if it was that the peasants would have limos like he had - and his reply was "No. It's when I get to ride a bicycle as the official state car, same as the peasant over there."

You really have something wrong with your brain. This paragraph does not have any logical structure to it. I'm tempted to say that your paragraph is not even written in the English language.

So are you telling us that you agree that Obama is the reason that the race card doesn't work anymore?

Almost by definition the ACLU does spend most of it's time protecting minority groups from the oppression of the majority. Are you saying that the 76% of Americans that are Christian is a minority?

Look here everybody: that's a good point!

Anyways, I have to conclude that you have no idea what the ACLU does or offers for the American people. You have not demonstrated that you understand what the ACLU is about. It's kind of weird to see you type opinions on an organization that you are demonstrably uninformed about.

I mean explain the details of the drone lawsuit, why is the ACLU position wrong?

And...followed up by foolishness. What a let down. As evidenced by this thread, you aren't doing so well on proving your non-idiot status.

The ACLU position is idiotic, never mind wrong. We are fighting a war against a-holes who hide behind civilians and don't have the balls to wear uniforms and formally declare war. The ACLU seems perfectly willing to hold a double standard, and that's idiotic when it comes to war. Having any standard at all in war is hard enough, expecting one side to hold to a higher one is sheer stupidity.

Therefore, we can't rely on helicopter insertions/halo drops and hoping that our guys will sneak in and be able to catch a guy that is moving around all the time, with a guard of 50 armed to the teeth, so that we can arrest him and bring him to trial on lower Manhattan. NO. We have to send in our guys to sneak in and get eyes on, and then waste the guy and all 50 with a Hellfire missile from a Predator.

All trying to make arrests will do is get our guys killed. Remember Jimmy Carter's failed attempt to free the hostages from Iran? If we do things the ACLU's way, we can expect one of those every f'ing week. What a great idea! Let's waste our best special operators because it satisfies some dipschit lawyer's delicate sensibilities.

If these ACLU lawyers want to risk our troops so badly, and are so certain that their way is the only "right" way to do it, then why don't they sign up to serve on the insertion teams? Oh, that's right, these pussies can't actually do the job, can they? So they prefer hiding behind the safety real men provide, and whimpering and whining as they do.

Translation= LA is a bigot (against the poor). Hey, get on board... We are all bigots! :thumbsup:

That's the problem. You see bigotry and I see lack of incentive. You just assume that because I prefer fostering personal achievement, responsibility, and financial success that I somehow don't understand going hungry, living without a roof over my head, or living below the poverty level. That's why I'm your worst kind of conservative; I had every reason to quit and accept a crappy life, and decided the only person responsible for my life staying crappy was me. There comes a time in most people's lives when they have a chance to stop asking "Why me?" and start asking "What am I going to do about this?"

While I fully understand (and help) those people who truly ARE at a disadvantage, a failure on someone's behalf to change their thinking about their situation is something I don't accept. I'm living proof that being poor, lazy, and not so smart about life will only change if you want it to.

Giving people the incentive NOT to change their thinking is one of the least compassionate things you can do, and yet it is the core of the liberal ideology; "It's okay. It's not your fault. Here's some free food, money, and housing to get you on your feet. Oh, is 26 weeks not enough time? Here's an extra 26 weeks. Need more time? Of course, here's another 26 weeks. Take your time. It's not your fault. See that guy over there who worked his way out of a hole like yours and put himself through college and grew up to start his own company; he's the reason for your problems, so he'll be picking up your tab. "