Chris Brown: Practice notes day 13 - 8-11

Skoobydum

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/article-3...80-6e50c7f8759a

Head coach Chan Gailey eased off the gas pedal in the training camp setting Wednesday with the team’s preseason opener fast approaching. The Bills sideline boss put his players through a walk through in the morning followed by a shortened practice in the evening in just shells and helmets as he tries to keep his players' bodies fresh for Friday night.

With almost two full weeks of camp in the books the team is ready for a change of pace.

“I think everybody in camp around this time we’re right in the middle of the grind so I think guys are feeling it a little bit,” said Aaron Maybin. “They’re going to be excited and anxious about getting out there and hitting somebody with some other colored jerseys.”

Moorman earning applause

There have been a few instances where the Bills fans in attendance have voiced their approval or applauded certain plays during the camp practices thus far, but punter Brian Moorman was wholeheartedly appreciated by those on hand Wednesday night.

During the team’s punt team drill, Moorman hit some moon shots with huge hang time that drew gasps from the crowd. Late in the segment a 70-yard effort sent the quarterbacks running for cover as his punt over shot where Leodis McKelvin was lined up to receive it at the 15-yard line.

The quarterbacks were conducting a fade pass drill and facing in the other direction before McKelvin warned them in time to scatter.

QB Update

Throughout camp Ryan Fitzpatrick and Brian Brohm have been splitting reps evenly with the second unit, but on Wednesday night Fitzpatrick was the only other quarterback to get reps besides Edwards, giving a strong indication that Fitzpatrick will be the second signal caller into the game Friday night when Edwards’ night is over.

Highlights

During a shortened red zone period Trent Edwards looked sharp hitting Steve Johnson on a slant followed by a pair of completions to Lee Evans, one of which went for a touchdown on a crossing route. Edwards closed his series with a touchdown pass over the middle to Steve Johnson.

In 11-on-11 Roscoe Parrish made a twisting grab over the middle on a throw from Edwards for first down yardage and more.

Joique Bell squeezed through a closing hole in time to get to the second level and eventually the secondary on a run play a short time later.

In a shortened two minute drill segment Edwards had completions to Evans, David Nelson and Roscoe Parrish in succession.

And Ryan Fitzpatrick fired a bullet over the middle, which split two defenders, delivering a touchdown pass to Naaman Roosevelt in the second two minute series.

Defensively, Aaron Maybin had a batted pass.

Ashton Youboty broke up a pass that was intended for Roosevelt.

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/article-3...80-6e50c7f8759a

Head coach Chan Gailey eased off the gas pedal in the training camp setting Wednesday with the team’s preseason opener fast approaching. The Bills sideline boss put his players through a walk through in the morning followed by a shortened practice in the evening in just shells and helmets as he tries to keep his players' bodies fresh for Friday night.

With almost two full weeks of camp in the books the team is ready for a change of pace.

“I think everybody in camp around this time we’re right in the middle of the grind so I think guys are feeling it a little bit,” said Aaron Maybin. “They’re going to be excited and anxious about getting out there and hitting somebody with some other colored jerseys.”

Moorman earning applause

There have been a few instances where the Bills fans in attendance have voiced their approval or applauded certain plays during the camp practices thus far, but punter Brian Moorman was wholeheartedly appreciated by those on hand Wednesday night.

During the team’s punt team drill, Moorman hit some moon shots with huge hang time that drew gasps from the crowd. Late in the segment a 70-yard effort sent the quarterbacks running for cover as his punt over shot where Leodis McKelvin was lined up to receive it at the 15-yard line.

The quarterbacks were conducting a fade pass drill and facing in the other direction before McKelvin warned them in time to scatter.

QB Update

Throughout camp Ryan Fitzpatrick and Brian Brohm have been splitting reps evenly with the second unit, but on Wednesday night Fitzpatrick was the only other quarterback to get reps besides Edwards, giving a strong indication that Fitzpatrick will be the second signal caller into the game Friday night when Edwards’ night is over.

Highlights

During a shortened red zone period Trent Edwards looked sharp hitting Steve Johnson on a slant followed by a pair of completions to Lee Evans, one of which went for a touchdown on a crossing route. Edwards closed his series with a touchdown pass over the middle to Steve Johnson.

In 11-on-11 Roscoe Parrish made a twisting grab over the middle on a throw from Edwards for first down yardage and more.

Joique Bell squeezed through a closing hole in time to get to the second level and eventually the secondary on a run play a short time later.

In a shortened two minute drill segment Edwards had completions to Evans, David Nelson and Roscoe Parrish in succession.

And Ryan Fitzpatrick fired a bullet over the middle, which split two defenders, delivering a touchdown pass to Naaman Roosevelt in the second two minute series.

Defensively, Aaron Maybin had a batted pass.

Ashton Youboty broke up a pass that was intended for Roosevelt.

Thanks, that's funny about Moorman making the QBs scatter.

Only two of the o-line starters to play Friday. Wow. I mean they're not much to begin with, but I wonder how the offense can perform at all with such a dicey situation.
They pretty much know who the starters are going to be. Might as well find out which backups can play at an acceptable enough level to keep on the roster.

Thanks, that's funny about Moorman making the QBs scatter.
Reminds me of an amusing story when I was going to UB. A friend of mine was a very good golfer (2 handicap) and one day we went out to a field behind the dorms to hit some balls. We had two other friends with us that weren't golfers, so they got "elected" to go pick up all the balls when we were done. What they didn't know is that he hid about 20 extra balls in his bag that we didn't hit. After they had picked up the balls that were furthest away, and started moving in closer to us, they got "within range". He hit a ball about 5 yards to the left of them, then one about 5 yards to the right, and then gradually "closed in", until the balls were landing close enough to them to really get their attention. It was hilarious.