Looking for a specific picture frame

Fezmid

I'm purchasing some cool artwork for my home theater - it's laser-etched aluminum and looks pretty cool.

http://www.westsidelaserworks.com/comic-book-related.html

I'm getting the two Star Wars pieces, the Serenity piece, and the Iron Man piece. I really like how the frames on the Star Wars ones look --

http://www.westsidelaserworks.com/uploads/...936517_orig.jpg

And I was wondering if anybody knows where to buy a frame like that online? We can go to a custom framing store, I'm sure, but that's going to be pretty expensive... Was hoping someone may have stumbled upon frames like at some point. The ones in the picture are custom made by the artist and aren't for sale. (already tried that :D )

Batman looks sweet. Do they do other marvel and DC heroes? I an feeling a little jealous right now. LOL! Being a hobbyist woodworker, it shouldn't be that hard to build your own frames. Give it a try, you might surprise yourself.

BTW, I love the name of the company. :ph34r:B-)

Batman looks sweet. Do they do other marvel and DC heroes? I an feeling a little jealous right now. LOL! Being a hobbyist woodworker, it shouldn't be that hard to build your own frames. Give it a try, you might surprise yourself.

BTW, I love the name of the company. :ph34r:B-)

The only ones they have are the ones on their site - Batman, Iron Man, and Storm. They take requests -- and you can commission a piece, though I have no idea how much that costs. I suggested that they look at some video games too - Gears of War would be pretty cool.

As for making my own - I don't have a single tool to work on it. In addition, with work and school I have almost no time to do my photography hobby, let alone learn something new. :D

No framing stores in Minni?

That's where I'd start.

Find one and walk in with a photo of what you want.

You'll need a mat to go with it anyway.

Have them make and assemble them too.

I was hoping to not have to go to a custom framing store - since that'll probably cost a LOT more... But we'll see.

I don't think I want a mat - it comes on black foamcore, so I should just be able to put it in a frame I think. None of his pictures show a mat either.

We'll see what happens I guess. :thumbsup:

I was hoping to not have to go to a custom framing store - since that'll probably cost a LOT more... But we'll see.

My town drips with framing shops and I'll bet yours does to.

If you value this thing, get a quality frame that you like. It's not as if you have to change them every few years.

Let's say you live another 50 years. Do you want to spend 50 years staring at the thing knowing that the frame isn't quite the ticket but was the chintzy. cost-effective choice?

No!

Edited by stuckincincy

Let's say you live another 50 years. Do you want to spend 50 years staring at the thing knowing that the frame isn't quite the ticket but was the chintzy. cost-effective choice?

No!

Depends. Did I pay $30 for the "chintzy" frame and $500 for the "good" frame? In that case, I could live with it. :thumbsup:

I'm purchasing some cool artwork for my home theater - it's laser-etched aluminum and looks pretty cool.

http://www.westsidelaserworks.com/comic-book-related.html

I'm getting the two Star Wars pieces, the Serenity piece, and the Iron Man piece. I really like how the frames on the Star Wars ones look --

http://www.westsidelaserworks.com/uploads/...936517_orig.jpg

And I was wondering if anybody knows where to buy a frame like that online? We can go to a custom framing store, I'm sure, but that's going to be pretty expensive... Was hoping someone may have stumbled upon frames like at some point. The ones in the picture are custom made by the artist and aren't for sale. (already tried that :thumbsup: )

This looks like it would appeal to your interests. frames for geeks

I don't think I want a mat - it comes on black foamcore, so I should just be able to put it in a frame I think. None of his pictures show a mat either.

We'll see what happens I guess. :P

There should be a Michaels (hobby and craft store) in Minny... They are pretty reasonable.

Michaels

Framing

We'll see what happens I guess. :beer:

They often carry a line of simple frames that are in common sizes. It might be worth your while to check it out.