The Saints power RB just went down

Skoobydum

The Saints looked at Justin Fargas and Jamal Lewis this offseason, but decided that third-year undrafted player Lynell Hamilton was a better candidate for their No. 3 running back role.

The team has to go back to the drawing board after Hamilton suffered a serious injury during the team's joint practice with the Saints.

ESPN's Adam Schefter reports that the team fears Hamilton suffered a torn ACL, which would knock him out for the season. Saints coach Sean Payton didn't sound too positive about the injury, but said that the team would wait for test results.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/...a-running-back/

Why do people keep suggesting we trade for a tackle by using on of our RB's? Isn't it clear we won't be doing that? Secondly isn't it clear that Spiller is going to be used in a number of different ways and not primarily carrying the ball? Fred Jackson is 30 and on the down side of his career (for a running back 30 is usually the magic number) and Lynch is in better shape than last year but still has no trade value.

So what option do we really have when it comes to trading a RB for a starting OT? I would say none.

Why do people keep suggesting we trade for a tackle by using on of our RB's? Isn't it clear we won't be doing that? Secondly isn't it clear that Spiller is going to be used in a number of different ways and not primarily carrying the ball? Fred Jackson is 30 and on the down side of his career (for a running back 30 is usually the magic number) and Lynch is in better shape than last year but still has no trade value.

So what option do we really have when it comes to trading a RB for a starting OT? I would say none.

I agree, I would say that Lynch may have some trade value but not what the Bills think he is worth. Beyond that the only way the Bills get rid of any of the big 3, is if Joique Bell or Chad Simpson prove they can bring enough to the table to compensate for the loss of the RB they are replacing

I agree, I would say that Lynch may have some trade value but not what the Bills think he is worth. Beyond that the only way the Bills get rid of any of the big 3, is if Joique Bell or Chad Simpson prove they can bring enough to the table to compensate for the loss of the RB they are replacing

The Saints will turn to Jamal Lewis as the article says. They won't be making an offer to get Marshawn. They still have Pierre Thomas and some guy named Bush. No need to panic down on the bayou.

The Saints looked at Justin Fargas and Jamal Lewis this offseason, but decided that third-year undrafted player Lynell Hamilton was a better candidate for their No. 3 running back role.

The team has to go back to the drawing board after Hamilton suffered a serious injury during the team's joint practice with the Saints.

ESPN's Adam Schefter reports that the team fears Hamilton suffered a torn ACL, which would knock him out for the season. Saints coach Sean Payton didn't sound too positive about the injury, but said that the team would wait for test results.

Lynch is available....oh yea - they said they wanted a power runner not a thug who runs from the cops.

Lynch is available....oh yea - they said they wanted a power runner not a thug who runs from the cops.

OJ is the only Bills RB that I know that does that. Marshawn just steals $20 from cops and runs over Canadians. He is a modern day Robin Hood.

Hard to think that there would be any team that would trade one of their starting OTs for ML or Jackson.

Most all clubs have rbs that have been in and out of their camp or on the roster, who are sitting idle and can be brought in with a phone call.

And they can become effective in fairly short order - rbs, whatever their physical talents may be, are generally good students of the game IMO, and learn the line calls and play calls. If they couldn't do so, they would have a poor time of hitching onto a job.

OJ is the only Bills RB that I know that does that. Marshawn just steals $20 from cops and runs over Canadians. He is a modern day Robin Hood.

Given that our team felt compelled to leave the Ralph and play one game a year in that foreign country where nobody roots for them, I would say Canadiens are fair game.

Go get "em Marshawn <_<

A 3rd string RB gets hurt and you think they might trade a starting OL to get one back?

The Saints already traded a tackle to the Redskins. Which tackle do you think they will trade to us now? Pay attention.

If I were the Saints I wouldn't trade a starting Tackle for an RB. I'd just wait and see who gets cut and pick the best one and plug 'em in. Oh, and go for an onsides kick in the second half. I'd to that too.

<_<:w00t:

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpag...747&id=5098

Yeah, MRI said he is done. I understand all your concerns how we need 5 RB's instead of improvement on the line, brilliant.

No one is saying we need to keep Marshawn, or that our line is in good shape. They're saying the Saints are not very likely to give up anyone who is any good for Marshawn, since they already have two very good running backs in Pierre Thomas and Reggie Bush (who also aren't one misstep away from a long suspension.) They lost their third stringer, why do you think they're going to give up a starting quality tackle to replace him?

No one is saying we need to keep Marshawn, or that our line is in good shape. They're saying the Saints are not very likely to give up anyone who is any good for Marshawn, since they already have two very good running backs in Pierre Thomas and Reggie Bush (who also aren't one misstep away from a long suspension.) They lost their third stringer, why do you think they're going to give up a starting quality tackle to replace him?

Ok , true that.

I thought only Bills players were being injured in training camp.

This sucks. We can't lead the league in anything.

I wonder what the action on the 'Aint's boards is regarding how they're slathering for their FO to trade one of their players for ML.