Local senior girl killed by brick thrown thru window

boyst

How does it work (passion) with the cuz? Can he claim it?

Could he say:

"She did my cousin wrong!... I am really close to my cousin! Family honor thing."

I don't agree... But there has been stranger things out there... Maybe they were "blood cuz's?" :censored:

Sounds like a bigger reach than Ted Ginn Jr.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How does it work (passion) with the cuz? Can he claim it?

Could he say:

"She did my cousin wrong!... I am really close to my cousin! Family honor thing."

I don't agree... But there has been stranger things out there... Maybe they were "blood cuz's?" :censored:

Circumstances are very limited.

Sounds like a bigger reach than Ted Ginn Jr.

True.

Then what provoked him to do something so senseless? IMO, it was an "impulse" move. Was he under the influence?

Also... I am not picking on the victim. There are very important questions that have to be asked about the case. Why didn't she get medical treatment right away?... From what I read she didn't want to get aid right away. So that means she didn't die right away in a really gruesome scene... Was she under the influence? With the sentiment of the what is being said... I say 2nd degree and at best manslaughter. IMO, I would rule manslaughter... I know, shoot me for going easy. What would provoke him to throw her life away and his in such a senseless act? I really don't think there was intent to kill even though he was heaving such a big piece of stone. I don't get such a senseless act unless it was on impulse... Back to him under the influence.

Probably alcohol.

I once attempted to eat 20 McDonalds cheeseburgers in an hour when I was drunk. I got to number 11 45 minutes in and quit because, well, they were McDs cheeseburgers and the thought of taking another bite made me want to die.

Alcohol is a magical device.

• 1 month later...

Update

The killer was released on bond and will not face the deah penatly.

Bond was $250,000, rather low. It appears there were "vast" amounts of alcohol there, as most already knew. He was on scholarship to Mars Hill Univ. for academics and athletics He must wear a GPS ankle bracelet, cannot consume alcohol, and must stay with his parents.

Either way, his is [/life]. He'll spend 30 years in prison for a stupid act.

Update

The killer was released on bond and will not face the deah penatly.

Bond was $250,000, rather low. It appears there were "vast" amounts of alcohol there, as most already knew. He was on scholarship to Mars Hill Univ. for academics and athletics He must wear a GPS ankle bracelet, cannot consume alcohol, and must stay with his parents.

And the taxpayers will foot the bill!

I put firing a brick through the window of a moving car at someone with intent to seriously injure them a looong way from just 'stupid'.

He's a violent criminal and has earned every day he spends in prison. I hope he doesn't get out till he's old and gray.

• 6 months later...

Saw something similar about 15 years ago. Bunch of kids thought it would be funny to drop a cinder block onto the highway from the overpass late at night. It ends up going through the windshield of the car hitting the driver, a solider from Fort Drum heading back to base, killing him.

Can't believe I found a couple articles about it.....

http://www.edwinacevedo.com/docs/cinderblock.pdf

http://www.nytimes.com/1996/09/05/nyregion...-2-arrests.html

I was driving to work that morning, and started to wonder why I didn't see any traffic coming the other way. Come around a bend in the road and there's the car with Troopers and detectives still on the scene, they had closed off the road at the previous exit while they did their investigation since there was no way traffic could get around the scene.

It happened in Queens NY about 10 yrs ago too. Someone threw a brick I think off a highway overpass and it went thru the moonroof of a car, striking an infant, and killing him. I'll never forget how devastated the mother was describing the mess her baby was in. Just terrible. Never found the b@stard(s) that did it. Makes it that much more painful. So painful, I don't want to google it and find the story.

It happened in Queens NY about 10 yrs ago too. Someone threw a brick I think off a highway overpass and it went thru the moonroof of a car, striking an infant, and killing him. I'll never forget how devastated the mother was describing the mess her baby was in. Just terrible. Never found the b@stard(s) that did it. Makes it that much more painful. So painful, I don't want to google it and find the story.

That is a horrible story.

Another incident of this nature took place in Tennessee on I75. A couple of idiots broke up a gravestone then proceeded to drop chunks off of an overpass on to the interstate traffic. Luckily nobody was killed but one man was severely injured.

Wasn't there another story in LI a few years back about some a-hole throwing a frozen turkey out his car into on coming traffic and seriously maiming a woman?