JetBlue flight attendant goes crazy!

BB27

Just saw this article last week about Jetblue...

From the NYPD to JetBlue

Some airlines try to hire flight attendants who are young and attractive. JetBlue Airways has a type, too: cops and fire fighters. It's "Law & Order: Cabin Crew." Or "CSI: jetBlue." Since its launch 10 years ago, the New York-based airline has hired several hundred New York police officers and fire fighters, most of them retirees, for its flight attendant ranks. By some counts, 10% of its total cabin crew workforce of 2,400 has emergency response experience, though the airline doesn't have an exact number.

Steven Slater: From JetBlue Quitter to Latest American Folk Hero?

Even passengers from Slater's Pittsburgh-to-New-York flight, the very people who saw him lose it after he got bonked by a woman's carry-on bag, are sticking up for him. "I did not feel in any way threatened by Steven Slater's rant, and I didn't take it personally," passenger Heather Robinson wrote in a Huffington Post blog. "I was not insulted by it, but amused. I'd rather hear a flight attendant relate to me as a human being ... than be on the receiving end of phony, passive-aggressive politeness."

Steven Slater, JetBlue Flight Attendant Out on Bail

An argument that evidently began in Pittsburgh erupted again in New York, according to Slater's lawyer. Slater believes the middle-aged woman "maliciously" hit him on his head with her luggage, Turman said.

Slater's mother, Diane Slater, a retired flight attendant interviewed at her home in Thousand Oaks, Calif., by ABC News station KABC in Los Angeles, defended her son. "I don't think he's going to be in trouble very long," she said. "I think he just had a very small meltdown, and I think he deserves to be able to have that meltdown if you saw the egg on his head where he got smacked." Diane Slater told the station that the passenger should face charges for interfering with an airplane crew member, her son, and "smacking him in the head."

Check out the ground crew guy... He stops right in front of the starboard engine (vehicle)... sees the dude slide down and then slowly takes a few steps forward and stops... :P Looked like he wanted to do a "Bill Murray" Caddyshcak and slink away! Priceless! :P