What if we do go 10-6?

If we go 10-6, does TD bring back DB? That arrogant white haired man just might. If we finish hot, his attitude could be "I told you so" to all of us.

If we go 10-6 and DO go to the playoffs, I think DB likely returns. I think it will be a tough call if we go 8-8 or 9-7. But, 10-6 may give that piggy QB another year to torture us.

benchbledsoe has spoken. . . :rolleyes:

Of course, if Buffalo goes 10-6 for the season, that means that they were 10-2 over the last twelve games of the season with Drew at QB. That must mean the bills can win with Drew. I know Losman is the future, and whenever the future happens, I'm ready. But if Buffalo can win with Drew next year, I have no particular objections. My only serious misgiving is a lingering doubt that until further notice Drew is not going to be able to beat a Bill Belichik coached team (NE).

A lot depends on whether Losman is ready to start or not which he isn't right now (from what i can see in games he lacks command and control of the team as seen by the delay of game right off the bat in Seattle and some shoddy ball handling leading to a fumble and INT when he was thrown to the wolves in NE. These faults are typical of a rookie and by no means raise concerns with me that he is in trouble or a bust or whatever, just that he has now shown me he can start and help rather than hurt his development).

My guess is that if the team goes 9-7 Bledsoe will be started next year based on the team having registered a winning record which improves on their dismal record last year. While he will not be able to claim the 10-2 record in the last 12 games he will have if we run the table, being able to cite the fact the team was 9-3 under his guidance should be enough to justify MM giving him the starting job unless JP has a lights out pre-season.

The bad news for folks who do not want to see #11 running the huddle again, my guess is that even with the Bills record only improving to 8-8 and Bledsoe being able to claim an 8-4 record he probably goes into next season at worse as a co-starter with JP assuming JP shows the production to start and Bledsoe is willing to deal once again with becoming a back-up if JP is good.

I think while the Bills would not be pleased to pay a back-up starter money, the thing to realize is that if JP beats out Bledsoe we will be paying our starter back-up money which is how JPs rookie contract was set-up by the Bills.

I think given the Bills performance in the last two games (particularly having it come with a marginal Bledsoe performance) the answer regarding Bledsoe starting next season is get used to the idea.

Unless we implode against the weak part of our schedule or JP is lights out in garbage time, Bledsoe is gonna start next year.

theformerlyguestjason76 says why would you think Bledsoe wouldn't be back no matter how the Bills finish? Now whether or not he returns as a starter is the real question...........

145569[/snapback]

I agree - Drew will be back. I'll even go one step further, how we finish the year is almost completely irrelevant to who starts next year. I think they both will share snaps in training camp and Losman will start next year if he's better than Drew. This is not about Drew or the coaching staff, it's all about J.P. We need Losman to step up and rip the job away from Drew.

I would love Losman to get a start late this season for experience, but hopefully we are in the playoff hunt to the end and then it's just not practical.

If we go 10-6, does TD bring back DB? That arrogant white haired man just might. If we finish hot, his attitude could be "I told you so" to all of us.

If we go 10-6 and DO go to the playoffs, I think DB likely returns. I think it will be a tough call if we go 8-8 or 9-7. But, 10-6 may give that piggy QB another year to torture us.

benchbledsoe has spoken. . .  :rolleyes:

145520[/snapback]

I hope not. Like the crew of "playbook" on the NFL channel said he's a liability on offense and the Bills turnaround is due to the improvement of the O-line and Willis in place of Henry. They also said if Drew drops 1 more game Losman gets the start and I have to agree with them. When you have more Int vs TD's you have a bad QB. Lets wakeup people nothing is going to change if Bledsoe comes back.