I was sitting at the bar last year

Rockinon

I said, "I didn't know you were a Redskins fan." "Yea, my team is really stinking things up," he says. He sighs. I sigh. "Yea, my team too." "Oh, who are you rooting for?", says my friend, John. "The Bills" I state with a scowl. John then starts to chuckle. It was kind of infectious so I start chuckling too. "What the hell are you laughing about," I say. He says, "Suddenly, I'm not so depressed about my team. Things could be worse." I come back with "I could say the same thing about your team, John."

For the rest of the season, we kept bantering back and forth about which team is in worse shape. The thing that was so amazing is how similar the 2 teams resembled each other last year. I saw John this past weekend and our eyes locked. He walks over and says "We have a preseason game coming up." "Yup, I'd hate to be in your shoes right now."

The banter begins again. I just love this time of the year. Even when my team was stinking it up last year, I was still able to find some way to get some enjoyment out of the season. I recon that John felt the same way. Of course the many Blue Lights that both John and I drank probably had something to do with it. We also played a lot of horse shoes and throughout the summer months, he'd have his winning moments and so did I. Neither of us could say that we had the upper hand. John and I will surely have a good season of football. As for, this weekend, we got a chance to play one quick game of horse shoes before it got dark. John scored the first point and then says, "Lets just play to eleven." "OK, you do realize that you brought up shortening the game after you have a one point lead?" "Of course," he says. "I knew you wouldn't back away from a challenge." "Humph," says I.

I beat John 11 to 1 and told him "That is what you call a sign of things to come." We walk back into the bar and John buys me a drink. Loser always buys the drink. We never bet on the game. It's just a sort of unspoken acknowledgment between two friends. Life is good. And I have this ridiculously optimistic outlook on the upcoming season for my Bills team.

That's it. This is a true story, at least what I can remember of it between Blue Lights.

Good story Rockinon. Lets hope you get the upperhand this year! :thumbsup:

So far so good. I ended up winning at horse shoes with what looked like a leaner. When we got down to the other pit to check it out, we discovered that the shoe was actually hooked. I had 8 points and the ringer made it 11. Definitely looked like a sign to me. I don't think I have ever seen a ringer standing up on its side like that.

So far so good. I ended up winning at horse shoes with what looked like a leaner. When we got down to the other pit to check it out, we discovered that the shoe was actually hooked. I had 8 points and the ringer made it 11. Definitely looked like a sign to me. I don't think I have ever seen a ringer standing up on its side like that.

At this point, I will take any sign I can get. LOL! 11-1, glad to see you stomp his Redskin loving :thumbsup: in the ground! Just kidding.

Go Bills!!!

The story takes place from last season to the present. 2007 is not really relevant. I was just trying to have a little fun with an old friend. Not belittle him for his poor choice in picking a favorite team. Really, I get enough of the negative BS right hear on this board. The thing is supposed to be friendly banter, and not a pissing match. There is a difference. The "What does that tell ya?" remark, maybe I am drawing the wrong conclusion, seems to cross the line. Do you see what I mean?