Chris Brown's practice notes for Saturday 8-7-10

It was a spirited finish to Buffalo’s last practice prior to a day off as the team finished with a live goal line drill in their 13th straight camp practice. The defense got a few early stops on the first three plays keeping Fred Jackson, Marshawn Lynch and C.J. Spiller out of the end zone in succession.

The offense changed the momentum when Ryan Fitzpatrick hit C.J. Spiller on a quick slant for a touchdown. The fifth play was an incomplete pass as Donald Jones couldn’t quite hang on for a touchdown catch in the left rear corner of the end zone as he tumbled head over heels. But Joique Bell, who has been strong in goal line work found the end zone again on the last play of the series.

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/article-3...f4-8109fa59db5a

“I’m not trying to get intensity up even though that’s what happens when you go live,” said head coach Chan Gailey. “It’s just that you had better been live somewhere before you line up next Friday night and that was the last time we’ll be truly live before we get to next Friday night.”

Gailey is referring to the team’s first preseason game in Washington against the Redskins on Aug. 13 at 7:30 pm.

“It allows us to compete and gives us a good feeling of what the game’s really like,” said Kawika Mitchell of the live, tackle to the ground series. “Certain teams, certain head coaches don’t believe in live situations, but I think it’s good to get in there and get a feeling for hitting somebody the way you’re supposed to be doing it in the game. I enjoy it.”

“I’m not trying to get intensity up even though that’s what happens when you go live,” said head coach Chan Gailey. “It’s just that you had better been live somewhere before you line up next Friday night and that was the last time we’ll be truly live before we get to next Friday night.”

Gailey is referring to the team’s first preseason game in Washington against the Redskins on Aug. 13 at 7:30 pm.

“It allows us to compete and gives us a good feeling of what the game’s really like,” said Kawika Mitchell of the live, tackle to the ground series. “Certain teams, certain head coaches don’t believe in live situations, but I think it’s good to get in there and get a feeling for hitting somebody the way you’re supposed to be doing it in the game. I enjoy it.”

You have one guess...

PTR

The players are eager to get some rest and relaxation on Sunday, their first day off since training camp began 10 days ago. “Oh man, I’m really looking forward to this,” said Jairus Byrd. “I think we’ve worked really hard. This is the hardest camp, from what I’ve heard from a lot of guys that they’ve been in for a while.

Camp Dick is over, ladies.

Naaman Roosevelt made a tough catch in traffic, as he caught a pass that was behind him while running across the field with one hand and pushed it against his shoulder pad to hold onto it.

Naaman made plays like this at UB all the time. He has velcro hands. PS is a lock for Naaman, but he may just make the last 53.

PTR

It has to. But I expect Gailey to scale things back from here out. I think he got the message through.

PTR

Gailey did say today was their last chance at live action until Friday nights' game. This may mean that he is scaling back a bit now.