HOF Ceremony tonight

I am....enjoyed watching Dick LeBeau's brother talk about him prior to his speech. The entire Steelers team (current version) is present for his induction...classy thing for Mike Tomlin to have arranged. The senior Rooneys are there, too. For today, I'm happy for the Steelers organization and fans for having the chance to be linked to yet another great accomplishment in NFL history. After today, though, fugg'em.

Hard to believe Emmit is being inducted. I still remember sitting in class during HS my senior year talking about this guy, #22, that my buddy and I saw play for the first time on tv the day before. He was a Cowboys fan and they absolutely SUCKED at the time, but this guy was something special. That memory seems so fresh in my mind, yet here we are over two decades later, and he's now the NFL all time rushing leader. Unreal. Congrats to the Cowboys organization and their fans for having the opportunity to celebrate yet another great accomplishment in NFL history....but after today....

I never much paid attention to the HOF ceremony growing up, but as an adult it can be a pretty emotional experience. There are a lot of players being inducted lately where I've been fortunate enough not only to see them play, but to watch their entire careers. I tend to have a habit of living vicariously, and I can only imagine what it must feel like to be able to stand there as a hall of fame inductee, reflecting back on a long, storied career, and feeling the finality of it. I really like how Jerry Rice ended his speech. He juxtaposed the unrelenting faith in his heart that he could go out there and suit up still today with the admission that there will be no more catches, no more touchdowns, and no more championships. Pretty cool :thumbsup:

You are the greatest of all time, Jerry!

Sounds like Jerry Rice has been sniffing coke? Maybe he has a cold?

Well, what else? Was he nervous? Did he use a lot of slang? Did he use the word 'man'? I mean when he was leaving did he say I'm splittin' ?

I never much paid attention to the HOF ceremony growing up, but as an adult it can be a pretty emotional experience. There are a lot of players being inducted lately where I've been fortunate enough not only to see them play, but to watch their entire careers. I tend to have a habit of living vicariously, and I can only imagine what it must feel like to be able to stand there as a hall of fame inductee, reflecting back on a long, storied career, and feeling the finality of it. I really like how Jerry Rice ended his speech. He juxtaposed the unrelenting faith in his heart that he could go out there and suit up still today with the admission that there will be no more catches, no more touchdowns, and no more championships. Pretty cool :thumbsup:

You are the greatest of all time, Jerry!

Excellent post, I couldn't have said it any better myself.

Excellent post, I couldn't have said it any better myself.

thanks, man :thumbsup: I can't wait til we get a few more bills up in Canton!!! Nothing has ever made me more proud than to see our guys in those ugly jackets representing B-lo in the hall. Jimbo, Marv, Thurman, Bruce, Ralph, Lofton....all of their bronze busts sitting in Canton waiting for a couple more to join them....Annnnnnnnnnndre.....Taaaaaaaaaaaaaaasker....

We've fuggin owned Canton this decade, baby!!

thanks, man :beer: I can't wait til we get a few more bills up in Canton!!! Nothing has ever made me more proud than to see our guys in those ugly jackets representing B-lo in the hall. Jimbo, Marv, Thurman, Bruce, Ralph, Lofton....all of their bronze busts sitting in Canton waiting for a couple more to join them....Annnnnnnnnnndre.....Taaaaaaaaaaaaaaasker....

We've fuggin owned Canton this decade, baby!!

Hell Yeah I made it up there for Thurman and Bruce's induction and will make it for Andre's when the time comes :thumbsup::lol:

Even more than that, we changed the way the event is done and now people actually show up for it. BILLS fans really rejuvenated the entire weekend.

Hell yeah! I'll never forget watching Jimbo give his HoF speech. I was with my ex-wife on the couch and while she knew I was a Bills fan she had no idea how deep the colors ran in me. I was so damn proud watching and listening to him up at the podium, and when I started to really tear up at the whole thing, she just looked at me like I was crazy lol. I really feel bad for those people who enjoy football (or other sports) but who have never had the opportunity to feel like they were part of something special. Those of us who have lived with this team in our hearts over the years understand and appreciate something that a lot of others don't, and when I see some of these speeches it really reminds me of that.

that was a really good speech by Emmitt. I have a ton of respect for that guy, even though I used to really dislike him as a player (for how good he was). I admit, the end of his speech really got me. When he told the story of his father's abandoned dream, how his father told him that he was living through emmitt, and how the shared name of his grandfather, father, and his son would forever be part of football history, that was really beautiful. Emmitt is a good man, and he deserves everything he's earned, IMO. On top of that, his wife is mega hot :thumbsup:

Hell Yeah I made it up there for Thurman and Bruce's induction and will make it for Andre's when the time comes :lol::beer:

...and rest assured, that time WILL come! :thumbsup:

Hell yeah! I'll never forget watching Jimbo give his HoF speech. I was with my ex-wife on the couch and while she knew I was a Bills fan she had no idea how deep the colors ran in me. I was so damn proud watching and listening to him up at the podium, and when I started to really tear up at the whole thing, she just looked at me like I was crazy lol. I really feel bad for those people who enjoy football (or other sports) but who have never had the opportunity to feel like they were part of something special. Those of us who have lived with this team in our hearts over the years understand and appreciate something that a lot of others don't, and when I see some of these speeches it really reminds me of that.

that was a really good speech by Emmitt. I have a ton of respect for that guy, even though I used to really dislike him as a player (for how good he was). I admit, the end of his speech really got me. When he told the story of his father's abandoned dream, how his father told him that he was living through emmitt, and how the shared name of his grandfather, father, and his son would forever be part of football history, that was really beautiful. Emmitt is a good man, and he deserves everything he's earned, IMO. On top of that, his wife is mega hot :thumbsup:

I loved how Emmitt played the game, his speech was fantastic, best of the night. Still hate the Cowboys though lol

Floyd Little and his son intro was REALLY classy, what took the HOF soooo long to put him in was an injustice.

The last 5 years I consider this must see TV. You realize the best players are the most passionate ones who also work the hardest .

The most interesting thing said tonight was from Rice, he said he wish he enjoyed it more. Maybe he will now.

Thanks. The pic of Emmitt on espn.com looks inside, but maybe the lighting is just different now. Especially since I don't even remember these ever being at night. It was always at least daylight.

I loved how Emmitt played the game, his speech was fantastic, best of the night. Still hate the Cowboys though lol

Floyd Little and his son intro was REALLY classy, what took the HOF soooo long to put him in was an injustice.

The last 5 years I consider this must see TV. You realize the best players are the most passionate ones who also work the hardest .

The most interesting thing said tonight was from Rice, he said he wish he enjoyed it more. Maybe he will now.

Floyd little had a relatively pedestrian career and does not belong in the HOF. Sorry.

In truth, Floyd biggest claim to fame is that he followed Ernie Davis at Syracuse, the team that produced Jim Brown, and Ernie Davis before him.