Finalist in world Sauna competition dies

The Poojer

The May ESPN Mag (Vince Young on the cover) had an article on this... Rick Reilly wrote about it and how he entered the competition... One guy was actually losing his skin! :worthy:

Does Rick Reilly write anything of interest at all anymore.........He was once the best in the business and now I can't read anything he writes about.

Does Rick Reilly write anything of interest at all anymore.........He was once the best in the business and now I can't read anything he writes about.

It was brutal... I was more fascinated with the whole concept of sauna competition though. Stuff like this I do find interesting. What is with the Fins? :lol:

Anyway... On the strange competitions front... An article that was interesting was in ForbesLife (I think it was there)... Called: The Ice Bear Cometh... It was about cold water swimming... About a Brit that could swim at the North Pole in 29 degree seawater... The amazing part about him that even doctors can't figure out is how he can raise his core temp so many degrees before he swims. I forget how far he swam. This seems to be quite a competition in Russia and the Scandanavian countries too... :worthy:

EDIT: http://www.forbes.com/forbes-life-magazine...7/1029/117.html

He is still the best. It's just that during baseball season, there are no sports worth watching.

Sauna > baseball

Baseball is my favorite sport so that's got nothing to do with it........I don't remember him writing any great football columns in recent years anyway. He usually just has something to say about the greatness of John Elway (which I agree with).......He was at his very best when he was still writing features for SI. Really, really great wriging. I was glad when he got a weekly column......He was good at that for awhile, and then he started living on his laurels. I found myself skipping his columns occasionally, and then almost always......Now, I (like many others, as I've read) just might see something of interest he has when I'm really looking for Bill Simmons' latest..........You know something really great like his participation in the rock, paper, scissors championships.