We Can Still Get A High Draft Pick and Do Good This Year

Some people think the only way to get a high draft pick is to do terrible this year, we can always trade down. Also, under no circumstances can you predict if a QB is gonna be a franchise QB. I think 2011 is gonna be a repeat of 1998. Luck/Locker = Manning/Leaf. There were alot of people you swore Leaf would be better then Manning.

Some people think the only way to get a high draft pick is to do terrible this year, we can always trade down. Also, under no circumstances can you predict if a QB is gonna be a franchise QB. I think 2011 is gonna be a repeat of 1998. Luck/Locker = Manning/Leaf. There were alot of people you swore Leaf would be better then Manning.

Superman does good.

We can do well.

What? Did you mean to say "trade up" rather than "trade down"? How do you obtain a higher draft pick by trading down? Although there is a high bust rate when drafting a quarterback (at any draft position), it's better to draft as high as possible even if only due to the simple fact that you can evaluate and choose to draft whichever quarterback you want. The Chargers simply chose poorly and Polian chose wisely.

A rookie salary scale is likely to be in place by 2011. Missing on a quarterback in the top 5 won't destroy a franchise for the next 5 years like it has in the past. It's still risky but the downside won't be as low. I'd rather draft as high as possible next season. Aim high by aiming low this season.

Superman does good.

We can do well.

Indeed. However, I think you may have confused him.