Lori Chase

Guest dog14787

Having met him a few years ago, he was a great guy to my son and I...but some things he did on the board were pretty over the edge. I'm sure there was more to it than what we saw here.

NG, you were here before me. There are some people who truly do know more about football than others. I dare say that guys like you and I know quite a bit about football compared to the average fan. Then, there are people such as Lori, BADOLBILZ, Simon, R.Rich, and some others that take it to another level. AKC is one of those people and imo, posters like this separate TBD from other sites.

Think about it.....why DID this site grow to this extent, despite the horrid performance of the Bills both on the field and in the front office? There are lots of reasons, but posters such as AKC come into play. This obviously is jmo.

• Replies 494
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

NG, you were here before me. There are some people who truly do know more about football than others. I dare say that guys like you and I know quite a bit about football compared to the average fan. Then, there are people such as Lori, BADOLBILZ, Simon, R.Rich, and some others that take it to another level. AKC is one of those people and imo, posters like this separate TBD from other sites.

Think about it.....why DID this site grow to this extent, despite the horrid performance of the Bills both on the field and in the front office? There are lots of reasons, but posters such as AKC come into play. This obviously is jmo.

That list has a ton of knowledge behind it...all respected for sure. I actually think the reason for the decline of the board is back in the day there weren't a ton of options, people came, made friends, developed relationships and got along....that isn't happening nowadays.

That list has a ton of knowledge behind it...all respected for sure. I actually think the reason for the decline of the board is back in the day there weren't a ton of options, people came, made friends, developed relationships and got along....that isn't happening nowadays.

Good point; it is something to consider. Yet, is the board really declining in terms of members and posts? I have no knowledge of this stuff.

You are right in that now I can go to facebook and chat with people that I haven't seen in 30 years. But, if I want to talk and learn about the Bills or football in general, I come here and read posts by the people I mentioned.

There's also been an evolution in the way the internet's perceived from being merely a communications channel to being a contained social environment. You can easily go through this thread and pick out those who think which - speaking very generally, those who view it as a social environment take it FAR more seriously than those who view otherwise.

There's also been an evolution in the way the internet's perceived from being merely a communications channel to being a contained social environment. You can easily go through this thread and pick out those who think which - speaking very generally, those who view it as a social environment take it FAR more seriously than those who view otherwise.

Do you list the order backwards? I think that say 10 years ago, this site was more of a social environment.

Do you list the order backwards? I think that say 10 years ago, this site was more of a social environment.

No, I didn't. I said "internet".

Ten years ago, this was a communications channel that facilitated and leveraged other social environments (e.g., Thursday garbage plates, the annual tailgate). As the perception of the internet has changed (I blame AOL IM, and Facebook :worthy:), the board has had an influx of people who, having "grown up" in that perception, view TSW as a social end unto itself.

No, I didn't. I said "internet".

Ten years ago, this was a communications channel that facilitated and leveraged other social environments (e.g., Thursday garbage plates, the annual tailgate). As the perception of the internet has changed (I blame AOL IM, and Facebook :worthy:), the board has had an influx of people who, having "grown up" in that perception, view TSW as a social end unto itself.

Gotcha (I think). In other words on fb, there are people who announce that they had bacon and eggs this morning. Here, we were united around a specific cause (the Bills), and it led to more serious discussion/friendships. Am I catching your drift?

Gotcha (I think). In other words on fb, there are people who announce that they had bacon and eggs this morning. Here, we were united around a specific cause (the Bills), and it led to more serious discussion/friendships. Am I catching your drift?

I had a ham and turkey sandwich left over from yesterdays lunch.

I think back to 9/11, all the posts flying back and forth, wondering how our Bills brethern were in NYC, any information we were hearing from different sources, etc. That's where this board felt the closest to me.

It's like a neighborhood that's nice but used to be really nice and is now in decline. The people who are just getting there say 'it's so much better here' but the people who have been there say 'it used to be so much better'. Some move away, some stay and hope it gets back to how it was. And some die.

:thumbsup:

Tim and Lori (and jw, and others) have direct contacts within the organization. The right to express an opinion does NOT put make one equal to those with real information. The right to be heard does not equate to the right to be taken seriously.

Excellent points.

Exactly. That's what I"m sick of, too.

Wrong, you douchebag! :thumbsup:

Thanks in part. :lol:

I think none of them should ever have had to leave, even T-Bone!

Dude?

Seriously, on the others, I agree they were characters who added something to the collective. Not that I particularly like having them around, but they were legitimate entities (not so sure about Spiked, though). But I think in all cases where types like that were banned, they were banned for clear reason. You or I may have missed the particular incident that broke the camel's back, but we have pretty lax moderation here. If you were banned, it isn't simply because you were disagreeable. And I believe many of those banned are back (or have come back at one time) under new handles.

I just read this entire thread and I feel I need make this demand: Johnny Coli must re-start his blog.

Thank you.

Coli is one guy who's presence I miss, particularly on OTW.

It's like a neighborhood that's nice but used to be really nice and is now in decline. The people who are just getting there say 'it's so much better here' but the people who have been there say 'it used to be so much better'. Some move away, some stay and hope it gets back to how it was. And some die.

Here's to BiB:

:thumbsup::lol::beer: