Lori Chase

Guest dog14787

• Replies 494
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've only read the first post and a handful of replies, so I am probably repeating what many have said. Sorry.

Hopefully Lori is on a break. I can understand that. The old timers here know I've taken my share of sabbaticals (unannounced and I'm certain mostly unnoticed). She just may need a break from things. Sometimes the mind-numbing stupidity that goes down here can get to you. I try to ignore it for the most part, but then I notice I start getting a little bit crankier and make attempts to protect what I see as a very special community. I know some of you don't understand that, but to many here this is more than just a Bills forum. It's that for sure. But many of us have come to know each other, in real life and online. For many of us this is a special place and we try to protect that.

Lori is one of the, if not THE, premier contributor to this forum. It's Fearless Leader's board and we owe it to him that it exists and has been as successful as it has over the years. But Lori is one of the major reasons it has been that successful. She does an enormous amount of work as a writer of articles (including the pregame reviews), as a moderator and as one of the few people here with a deep knowledge of Bills history.

So, for those of you who haven't been around enough to read many of Lori's pieces and/or posts, trust the old-timers when we assure you her absence means more than yours, or mine quite frankly.

I just peeked at the last post before I started writing this and have to agree with Dan's statements:

I agree wholeheartedly.

Lori, if you are reading, I hope to have you back here during the season.

Bravo, Deano.

You're missed, Lori!

I've only read the first post and a handful of replies, so I am probably repeating what many have said. Sorry.

Hopefully Lori is on a break. I can understand that. The old timers here know I've taken my share of sabbaticals (unannounced and I'm certain mostly unnoticed). She just may need a break from things. Sometimes the mind-numbing stupidity that goes down here can get to you. I try to ignore it for the most part, but then I notice I start getting a little bit crankier and make attempts to protect what I see as a very special community. I know some of you don't understand that, but to many here this is more than just a Bills forum. It's that for sure. But many of us have come to know each other, in real life and online. For many of us this is a special place and we try to protect that.

Lori is one of the, if not THE, premier contributor to this forum. It's Fearless Leader's board and we owe it to him that it exists and has been as successful as it has over the years. But Lori is one of the major reasons it has been that successful. She does an enormous amount of work as a writer of articles (including the pregame reviews), as a moderator and as one of the few people here with a deep knowledge of Bills history.

So, for those of you who haven't been around enough to read many of Lori's pieces and/or posts, trust the old-timers when we assure you her absence means more than yours, or mine quite frankly.

I just peeked at the last post before I started writing this and have to agree with Dan's statements:

I agree wholeheartedly.

Lori, if you are reading, I hope to have you back here during the season.

:devil: Come back Lori.

I agree with you there. She has been a solid rock and a great reporter on the status of the team. I always looked forward to reading her briefs, as I live out of state and don't get the regular updates.

I hope and pray she returns. Really nice lady.

I had a garbage plate with Lori once. Wait, that's not entirely correct. Lori had a garbage plate, I power-slammed a garbage plate. Wait, that's not entirely correct, either. Lori had a garbage plate, I power-slammed two garbage plates. There may have been a picture taken, or was the picture from another garbage plate power-slamming session? It's all a bit hazy.

Jay? A little help here?

I was only a lurker on here the first few years after I found the board. I only joined in the discussions after I moved from the States.

I hope she comes back, I am on a few other boards.....(not about the Bills but just as large) that are much more moderated. They don't allow personal attacks 3 complaints against you and you are off on one. Going off topic should be ok but even in this thread (I just read up to page 8, I want my 7 mins back please) should get a warning to stay on topic 10 of those warnings and your off. I think there are enough posters on here to police it as mods if that was wanted. I could also see people getting warnings for just being completely out there and saying they did this illegal thing or your daughter sounds yummy or what ever, there ought to be some way to keep a level of respect.....10 warnings about that too?

As far as negative posters go, I just started blocking them. Lori or TG could use this option, it works ok until some one quotes them in the thread.

And I noticed one person who said good riddance to TG in this thread was the person who was responsible for his leaving......proud of that are ya bud?

The board used to be better, it could stand some improvement.

I had a garbage plate with Lori once. Wait, that's not entirely correct. Lori had a garbage plate, I power-slammed a garbage plate. Wait, that's not entirely correct, either. Lori had a garbage plate, I power-slammed two garbage plates. There may have been a picture taken, or was the picture from another garbage plate power-slamming session? It's all a bit hazy.

Jay? A little help here?

All of the above, I think.

Mmmmmmmm plates.

You obviously do not know Lori. You are correct that this is not church, but what does that have to do with civility in a chat room? Manners are good!

I hope she continues to contribute to TBD even if she has left TSW.

Dude,

This is a chat room dude. People say all sorts of things on here. She posted decently. But nothing to get all emotional about. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but I think a little bit of conflict is always good. If she didn't like it here, so be it. There are thousands of us who will still communicate on here. So to care even the slightest as to who is posting is putting WAY to much attention in your life to this board. It is about the TEAM, not who is posting my friend. Leave it at that. Remember this is not church. Civility and the internet do not always go hand in hand.

i concur, Joe. couple'a days ago, i was fed up with some folks -- and i use that term loosely -- here. they're sometimes just unavoidable, seem to mutate and impervious to reason or logic. and there's no rules that could be established to weed that out.

that said, just saw Lori a week ago up here at camp. she, Tim Graham and I had a nice night after practice having a few beers after discovering we were all staying at the same hotel.

jw

John, I am hoping that you and Lori will both be at Danny's before the Bills home opener. It was nice meeting you last year and Lori has become a real friend over several years!