CJ Spiller Update!

He said the two sides worked all day yesterday and are very close to an agreement. He said that they are now just finalizing escalators and he expects Spiller to sign today.

He said worst case scenario it will be the end of the weekend but says they are just about there and just working on the last minute details.

I would be great to have him signed before the first game.

The handwriting was on the wall that the two sides had no choice but to make a deal. There was never even any posturing by the Spiller side that they never sign a bad deal or by the Bills that they would let Spiller twist in the wind if necessary.

This is important in that even if he was not signed yet, communication between Gailey and unsigned players started right away as soon as a player was drafted and Spiller got the playbook and assignments as to how to prepare himself to the extent he could without taking the field.

He has lost reps which can never come back, but if everyone was smart as long as he is signed prior to the first game a lot can be reclaimed.

Awesome!!!!

Our champion spark plug will be in the house soon!!! :lol:

Let's hope!

This is insignificant in itself, but it makes me just shake my head. Mark Gaughan in yesterdays billboard article states that Spiller's birthday was Thursday the 5th, yet Wikipedia says it's the 15th. C.J., if you read this, please e-mail me & let me know who is right. After leading us to the playoffs this year, I would like to send you a nice gift for your birthday next year & I would like it to arrive on the proper date.

And I'm wondering if our local sportswriters are getting a lot of things wrong?? Can we believe what we read?

Let's hope!

This is insignificant in itself, but it makes me just shake my head. Mark Gaughan in yesterdays billboard article states that Spiller's birthday was Thursday the 5th, yet Wikipedia says it's the 15th. C.J., if you read this, please e-mail me & let me know who is right. After leading us to the playoffs this year, I would like to send you a nice gift for your birthday next year & I would like it to arrive on the proper date.

And I'm wondering if our local sportswriters are getting a lot of things wrong?? Can we believe what we read?

I think Spiller mentioned on his Twitter feed that yesterday was his birthday. That's what I read on this site, anyway.

I think Spiller mentioned on his Twitter feed that yesterday was his birthday. That's what I read on this site, anyway.

OK thanx! , I'll circle the 5th on next yrs calendar. Kudos to Gaughan...down with Wiki. First round playoffs, he gets a poodle puppy. Title Game, he gets a new flat screen TV. Super Bowl appearance, he'll get a trip to Disney World. Super Bowl Victory, he can have my house, all it's contents, all my vehicles, and my wife's entire collection of black stilettos.

Let's hope!

You going to dress up as a cake?

You going to dress up as a cake?

I was thinking of popping out of the cake wearing my favorite pink tutu at the 50 yrd line at RW stadium while the "Shout" song was playing. I am hoping all the guys on the board here will attend. Please bring a nice gift for CJ...he's gonna end our drought!

OK thanx! , I'll circle the 5th on next yrs calendar. Kudos to Gaughan...down with Wiki. First round playoffs, he gets a poodle puppy. Title Game, he gets a new flat screen TV. Super Bowl appearance, he'll get a trip to Disney World. Super Bowl Victory, he can have my house, all it's contents, all my vehicles, and my wife's entire collection of black stilettos.

A true fan would throw his wife into the mix as well :lol:

...kidding....or am I?

Guest dog14787
He said the two sides worked all day yesterday and are very close to an agreement. He said that they are now just finalizing escalators and he expects Spiller to sign today.

He said worst case scenario it will be the end of the weekend but says they are just about there and just working on the last minute details.

link http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/...oday/?related=1

I would be great to have him signed before the first game.

The handwriting was on the wall that the two sides had no choice but to make a deal. There was never even any posturing by the Spiller side that they never sign a bad deal or by the Bills that they would let Spiller twist in the wind if necessary.

This is important in that even if he was not signed yet, communication between Gailey and unsigned players started right away as soon as a player was drafted and Spiller got the playbook and assignments as to how to prepare himself to the extent he could without taking the field.

He has lost reps which can never come back, but if everyone was smart as long as he is signed prior to the first game a lot can be reclaimed.

how do you know for sure that players were given their playbooks and assignments upon being drafted? this is not the status quo, so im just wondering how you know that spiller has already gotten all of his assignments and has been studying the playbook? While that would be ideal, I dont know how realistic that is...so do you have a link or anything to support this...I would love to see this true in print somewhere....

how do you know for sure that players were given their playbooks and assignments upon being drafted? this is not the status quo, so im just wondering how you know that spiller has already gotten all of his assignments and has been studying the playbook? While that would be ideal, I dont know how realistic that is...so do you have a link or anything to support this...I would love to see this true in print somewhere....

I agree. Didnt CJ tweet the other day that he was watching Rocky 3? If he really did have the playbook and all of his assignments, I dont think he would be watching much TV.

At least I wouldnt be if I was a rookie who has been absent from training camp