Adam Schefter

Guest dog14787

With all due respect, had Schobel played on a better team/better supporting cast, he could/would have made more of an impact, don't you think?

I honestly don't. I would feel different if week after week and year after year Schobel was getting double teamed and you saw teams just take out our super star Right Defensive End by scheming a game plan to remove him from the game. But teams didn't have to do that. Especially the last 4 years. Simply playing him straight up with the tackle did the trick. I'm not saying teams never doubled Schobel, they did, and when they did he got blown up and became completely irrelevant. The opportunity he had to amass sacks in Buffalo wouldn't have been there anywhere else.

I can't think of more than a few teams that Schobel would or could be the starting RDE for 9 years, and get paid the elite money he was getting.

To me when Jauron came in and mandated everyone get lighter and faster, that was the beginning of the end for Schobel. Like a good soldier he did it and lost 20 or more pounds, and he's never been the same. He became too light to bull rush on passing downs and play the run, and the weight loss wasn't significant enough to help him gain the edge or get better in coverage on the back or Tight End.