Prop 8 struck down

• Replies 374
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The only thing I cling to is reality. You've whined completely and totally about "societal norms" then your "solution" to making people equal is to rip out the very fabric you tried so desperately to defend because you're unable to face your own bigotry.

bull ****. You obviously haven't read what I have been saying on this issue. What you you don't want to admit is that you are wrong and I am right. I am only ripping out the fabric for people who lack organized religion in their lives... Even gays are allowed to marry in certain organized religions... I have no problem with that, never have. It sure sounds like you are a Godless, scared little man Darin. It is Sunday, go to church... You won't be so afraid anymore and finally admit the gov't should stop meddling in religious issues...

Cling to the state Darin... You are a hypocrite when you preach your libertarian BS.

Body blow, body blow...

Looks like we have a booster club here... :thumbsup: No way man, the only way Darin gets anything you think in by being a hypocrite. He can call me all the names all he wants... He is the one that needs to look inward. I have been saying the same thing all along. I am not ripping out my fabric, that can't be ripped out. Now Godless Darin's fabric can be ripped out because he needs to "use" the state on an issue like this.

bull ****. You obviously haven't read what I have been saying on this issue. What you you don't want to admit is that you are wrong and I am right. I am only ripping out the fabric for people who lack organized religion in their lives... Even gays are allowed to marry in certain organized religions... I have no problem with that, never have. It sure sounds like you are a Godless, scared little man Darin. It is Sunday, go to church... You won't be so afraid anymore and finally admit the gov't should stop meddling in religious issues...

Cling to the state Darin... You are a hypocrite when you preach your libertarian BS.

Please explain- it sounds like you don't think that atheists should marry. Is that the case or am I misreading you?

Please explain- it sounds like you don't think that atheists should marry. Is that the case or am I misreading you?

I'm sitting here wondering when the term "civil union" disappeared from the conversation.

Is marriage not a religious concept? I have nothing wrong with civil unions for all... Did I ever rail against those, no. Again, going back... IMO, it is still unhealthy for same sex unions because it defies the societal norm and muddy's the baseline... But my argument stays out of this relgious battle with "marriage" and finally keeps the peace FOREVER.

What are people gaining by fighting to obtain the word without God in their lives... It is a battle that will never be resolved. Again, some people hold out hope and think a said mentality will die off. Fat chance on that as long as religion is grounded in so many people's lives.

Most people misread me... :lol: People are so entrenched in "getting their way" they can't see the forest through the trees and the worst offender is Darin... But we love him anyway! :thumbsup:

Is marriage not a religious concept? I have nothing wrong with civil unions for all... Did I ever rail against those, no. Again, going back... IMO, it is still unhealthy for same sex unions because it defies the societal norm and muddy's the baseline... But my argument stays out of this relgious battle with "marriage" and finally keeps the peace FOREVER.

What are people gaining by fighting to obtain the word without God in their lives... It is a battle that will never be resolved. Again, some people hold out hope and think a said mentality will die off. Fat chance on that as long as religion is grounded in so many people's lives.

Most people misread me... :lol: People are so entrenched in "getting their way" they can't see the forest through the trees and the worst offender is Darin... But we love him anyway! :thumbsup:

A can see that you are trying to make things easier, but I see I few fallacies in your solution.

1. One religion would not recognize another religion's marriages. Problem would arise from this, as they always do when you give power to religions.

2. Societal norms are ok, but never should become the law of the land. I don't even think it really is a norm anymore. I know many homosexuals, most are contributing members of society, some with families and kids.

3. A lot of the arguement reminds me of how segregation was justified. This is why the majority is not allowed to rule in our republic

A can see that you are trying to make things easier, but I see I few fallacies in your solution.

1. One religion would not recognize another religion's marriages. Problem would arise from this, as they always do when you give power to religions.

2. Societal norms are ok, but never should become the law of the land. I don't even think it really is a norm anymore. I know many homosexuals, most are contributing members of society, some with families and kids.

3. A lot of the arguement reminds me of how segregation was justified. This is why the majority is not allowed to rule in our republic

1. It doesn't matter, religions don't have any gov'tmental powers. The civil union for all is what should be recognized by the state/gov't.

2. Why is plural marriage against the law?

3. Gays are already enjoying the same rights as others, equalize that if you must (where a disparity in treatment exists), you won't get that much fight out of me... Leave the word marriage out for all. I don't need the state to validate my marriage, and either should gays. If people have God and organized religion (marriage is an organized religious institution), not a problem. If not, the state can't give that.

1. It doesn't matter, religions don't have any gov'tmental powers. The civil union for all is what should be recognized by the state/gov't.

3. Gays are already enjoying the same rights as others, equalize that if you must (where a disparity in treatment exists), you won't get that much fight out of me... Leave the word marriage out for all. I don't need the state to validate my marriage, and either should gays. If people have God and organized religion (marriage is an organized religious institution), not a problem. If not, the state can't give that.

Aside from Hamas, terrorist organization don't have governmental power either- it is a religous group forcing their will on others- such is "The will of the people"

bull ****. You obviously haven't read what I have been saying on this issue.

Yeah, I have. That's why I'm able to point out you spinning completely around on your "societal norms" and the fact that you're petrified that your kids are going to be gay. You're so out of shorts that you don't even know where your junk is.

What you you don't want to admit is that you are wrong and I am right.

:worthy:

I am only ripping out the fabric for people who lack organized religion in their lives...

:lol: Constitution, schmonstitution.

Even gays are allowed to marry in certain organized religions... I have no problem with that, never have.

Liar.

It sure sounds like you are a Godless, scared little man Darin.

:lol:

It is Sunday, go to church...

It doesn't matter what day it is, you're still a retard and no amount of chanting is going to change that.

You won't be so afraid anymore and finally admit the gov't should stop meddling in religious issues...

Marriage hasn't been solely a "religious issue" for a very, very long time. I love your continued use of the fear thing, Mr. Homophobe.

I'm not clinging to anything other than equal legal protection for everyone. You're the one who's showing nothing but desperation.

Hey Tom, look at the gems we're getting off this one.*

So now you're arguing about a word? Why don't you zealots change to "Religious Covenant", that way you still get the joy of discrimination while pretending that you're walking arm-in-arm with the Flying Spaghetti Monster?

Because religious freaks used them to rape kids. That wasn't the straw that broke marriage's back, though. It soldiered on...

Awesome. I guess my wife and I haven't been married for 20 years because we went to the Justice of the Peace. Well, except the fact that I have a marriage license.

Try living in the now, lock water sucker.

^^^

Look... Darin is getting owned so he is stomping his feet and kicking up a fuss like a three year old.

Tom... Help your buddy out... He asked for you:

"Hey Tom, look at the gems we're getting off this one."

:lol::lol:

Darin... Remember to Post when your temper tantrums are over. Let me guess you cut church this week and went to the arcade. :worthy:

^^^

Look... Darin is getting owned so he is stomping his feet and kicking up a fuss like a three year old.

Tom... Help your buddy out... He asked for you:

"Hey Tom, look at the gems we're getting off this one."

:lol::lol:

Darin... Remember to Post when your temper tantrums are over. Let me guess you cut church this week and went to the arcade. :worthy:

Keep trying, Eric. Though I find your "freedom of religion" digs very refreshing.

Most people misread me... :lol: People are so entrenched in "getting their way" they can't see the forest through the trees and the worst offender is Darin... But we love him anyway! :worthy:

Wow. The lengths to which you will go to avoid admitting that gays terrify you is astounding. You have serious issues.

Wow. The lengths to which you will go to avoid admitting that gays terrify you is astounding. You have serious issues.

:worthy:

They don't scare me. Really.

What a bunch of dolts you are.

The argument you are using is the one Israel uses when people speak out against that country's policy:

"Speak out against our policy? Then that must mean you want to kill all Jews!"

Get a new act... It is getting old.