Prop 8 struck down

• Replies 374
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But the battle is about the word, and I think people are having a hard time accepting that marriage as a concept is deeply rooted as a religious institution, and that's why religions are up in arms about same sex marriage. I don't think that people would give two ***** if the debate was about civil unions that conferred the same rights & privileges as to marriage.

Yes. Religion is a major excuse for, and cause of, bigotry.

I know plenty of bigots that don't believe in anything. You, for example, think all people that believe in things are zealots or bigots.

No, I don't. But thanks for being a gigantic hypocrite.

That makes you someone who believes in stereotypes, ergo a bigot.

Nice try.

I know plenty of bigots that don't believe in anything. You, for example, think all people that believe in things are zealots or bigots. That makes you someone who believes in stereotypes, ergo a bigot.

People hate that which is not like them......humans are stupid

How's that wrong? You hate the Catholic Church, and if you claim you don't, you're a liar.

I haven't seen anything that leads me to believe that. that religion has the same faults than any other organized religion has- and it is the people, not the religion that I find fault with.

If you hate the institution you by default hate the members, do you not?

Edit: Or so those who proclaim such about anyone who stands against gay marraige leads us to believe.

So you hate the U.S. government because you hate Obama, right? That means you're a traitor.

Your lines of "thinking" never cease to amaze.

Oh, so you mean I can really be friends with gays and be against gay marraige? OK, then, thanks!

:thumbsup:

That just makes you a hypocrite. I'd be surprised if any of your gay "friends" would be your "friends" after you told them that. Especially after you made a complete ass of yourself explaining your position.

That just makes you a hypocrite. I'd be surprised if any of your gay "friends" would be your "friends" after you told them that. Especially after you made a complete ass of yourself explaining your position.

Humor goes a long way. Hell, most of the gay people I know don't WANT to be married.