[closed]Bills Release Schobel

yungmack

Didn't see that one coming.

Seriously, it was the classy thing for the Bills to do.

GO BILLS!!!

Sure, very classy for Nix to do. As far as Schoebel goes, where is his class in all of this? The guy is only 33, and he obviously isn't serious about "retiring." Maybe he still will hang 'em up as a Buffalo Bill. (After he signs the obligatory "one day contract" of course, since Nix did "classily" cut him today). But my humble opinion is, he will sign with the Texans for peanuts just to be able to continue playing football.

By the way, am I the only one out here that thinks blaming his "young school aged kids" for not wanting to continue playing in Buffalo an insulting B.S. reason? What, aren't our schools good enough for the poor young Schoebel kids?

I can't understand what happened to Schoebel, after all these years of being a tough minded Pro Bowl player for the Buffalo Bills, why he suddenly had all of these "doubts" about moving his family up here full time and placing them in our schools. And if not that, why not just continue playing football for the Bills that have been paying him so well these past 9 seasons, and simply tell the kids Dad will see them as much as possible during the football season but as long as they and Mom don't want to move up to Buffalo, Dad will have to live there during the season.??!!

I suppose I'm being too hard on the guy, given the years he did give to the Bills as their number 2 all time sacker. But the only way Nix and Gailey have any chance of turning this team into winners before Ralph leaves our world, is for every single player with any talent left to give 110% for them. Watching Schoebel walk away from Buffalo for nothing in return while he still has talent left to offer, despite the fact he's never played OLB before, is not something I'm thrilled about.

[This is an automated response]

This subject matter is being currently being discussed or has already been discussed in a previous thread.

Please consider using the "search" function before starting new topics.

Thank you.