Authors, writers, poets, etc.

Wooderson

I have a friend who just graduated from Canisius College along with myself. He is an English major and has decided to start his own website for those that enjoy writing. The premise of the website is combining the works of multiple members and bringing them together for a complete short story. How this works is, each portion of the story is given a deadline (a couple days or so, I think) where each member can contribute their version of the introduction, rising action, conflict, etc. After the deadline is up, the members of the site will vote on their favorite submission. For example, the first deadline is for the introduction so members contribute an introduction to the story. After the deadline, they vote on their favorites and that becomes the intro. The next vote is for the rising action, and so on and so forth.

There are multiple genres on the site and you can basically take the story wherever you want it to go. I believe his final plan is to get a newsletter or magazine going with the final short stories giving credit to those person's submissions that made the cut.

If you like writing or just want something to do in your free time, give it a try. It just started up yesterday so it might take some time to get going, but it takes word of mouth to spread these things so give it a try guys!

www.authorsunleashed.com

Thanks <_<

I have a friend who just graduated from Canisius College along with myself. He is an English major and has decided to start his own website for those that enjoy writing. The premise of the website is combining the works of multiple members and bringing them together for a complete short story. How this works is, each portion of the story is given a deadline (a couple days or so, I think) where each member can contribute their version of the introduction, rising action, conflict, etc. After the deadline is up, the members of the site will vote on their favorite submission. For example, the first deadline is for the introduction so members contribute an introduction to the story. After the deadline, they vote on their favorites and that becomes the intro. The next vote is for the rising action, and so on and so forth.

There are multiple genres on the site and you can basically take the story wherever you want it to go. I believe his final plan is to get a newsletter or magazine going with the final short stories giving credit to those person's submissions that made the cut.

If you like writing or just want something to do in your free time, give it a try. It just started up yesterday so it might take some time to get going, but it takes word of mouth to spread these things so give it a try guys!

www.authorsunleashed.com

Thanks B-)

Thanks for the link, Woody. Seems like an original idea.

I do sort of wonder...if somebody (such as myself), were to produce something actually worth publishing on this site, would it belong to your friend?

Thanks for the link, Woody. Seems like an original idea.

I do sort of wonder...if somebody (such as myself), were to produce something actually worth publishing on this site, would it belong to your friend?

I'm not really sure Sage. He's just trying to get people to join the site, so I figured I'd throw it on here for him. I think he wants to try and get some stories published, but I don't think under his name. I think he plans on giving credit to the people that contribute to the stories. I still don't know exactly how it works but once I talk to him some more I'll fill you in.

I'm not really sure Sage. He's just trying to get people to join the site, so I figured I'd throw it on here for him. I think he wants to try and get some stories published, but I don't think under his name. I think he plans on giving credit to the people that contribute to the stories. I still don't know exactly how it works but once I talk to him some more I'll fill you in.

Yeah man, no worries. I wasn't accusing your friend of trying to steal or anything, but if a good piece of literature were to hypothetically come of this, intellectual property can be a pretty tricky thing.