Cheerleader stops shop lifter

Fezmid

Note to self : Do all my shoplifting in Oklahoma City.

Another note for everyone else : Did anyone else note the Security Tower in the parking lot during the video? How bad must your mall be if you need Security Towers in the parking lots?

Another note for everyone else : Did anyone else note the Security Tower in the parking lot during the video? How bad must your mall be if you need Security Towers in the parking lots?

Do other malls have security towers like that?

I wonder if they are equipped with M16's."We do not fire warning shots".

good for her! but dumb move. even mall employees are told to not get involved like that for fear of lawsuits (either physical harm done to the thief, or wrongfully accusing someone).

I worked at Banana Republic for a few years, and it's policy at ALL Gap Inc stores (Gap, BR, and Old Navy) that if you see someone shoplifting, all you can do is go tell a manager. And unless it was a manager who witnessed the act, they'll let the person go, or call Mall Security. And even then, if Mall Security catches them, they jsut ask for the merch back and do not press charges. I know it sounds stupid, but the company has to unfortunately protect itself from greater loss via lawsuit. Guess they'd rather give up a pile of sweaters or jeans, than be sued.

good for her! but dumb move. even mall employees are told to not get involved like that for fear of lawsuits (either physical harm done to the thief, or wrongfully accusing someone).

I worked at Banana Republic for a few years, and it's policy at ALL Gap Inc stores (Gap, BR, and Old Navy) that if you see someone shoplifting, all you can do is go tell a manager. And unless it was a manager who witnessed the act, they'll let the person go, or call Mall Security. And even then, if Mall Security catches them, they jsut ask for the merch back and do not press charges. I know it sounds stupid, but the company has to unfortunately protect itself from greater loss via lawsuit. Guess they'd rather give up a pile of sweaters or jeans, than be sued.

Wal-Mart, on the other hand, has a whole shadow government dedicated to extorting thousands of dollars out of suspected shoplifters. B-)