Kelly's Memoirs - Your Opinion Please

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Exactly. Kelly was very good in his own right but he was a terrible playoff QB and nearly destroyed the 90s Bills by calling out teammates. Those Bills teams were loaded. That why Frank Reich would come in and the offense won't miss a beat.

Best Bills QB ever but severely overrated by Bills fans.

Did you watch the Pasadena SB?

I love Kelly and respect everything he did for the Bills, but let's not pretend he was a great human being. If there was more media around, I'm sure there would be a lot of the Big Ben type stories floating around him (if not worse). I admire what he did for Hunter but it's gotta be a great life to jsut do whatever you want and finally decided to grow up when approach 50.

Either way, Jill Kelly seems like an unbelievable wife.

A little too tolerant perhaps? If I cheated on my wife just once, I would be living in my van at a campground somewhere.

Jim Kelly wasn't even close to being the best Buffalo Bill ever- the guy couldn't read defenses. Sub Marino or Elway for him and we win a few Superbowls. Esiason was better than him.

Yet he ran a no-huddle offense where he called most of the plays...

If people don't want to believe in a god, why is it then acceptable for Christians to tell them they're wrong?

That's a good question. I guess it's kind of like when you believe in something so strongly you just want someone else to believe you so you are persistent. It's also our duty to tell others. I don't think we should be aggravating people though, so there is a balance there. In our minds it's a life of death thing so it's hard to know when to stop telling someone about God, when you feel it's something so important for them to hear. Do you know what I mean?

I'm sorry if you get offended by Christians. I'm in sales and it's a difficult thing to know when to stop calling on a potential customer. I believe strongly in my company and believe we can do the best job for them. So I'll try to reach them all the way to the point where they get offended. I don't want them to get that way, but sometimes it happens. But I have to try.

That's a good question. I guess it's kind of like when you believe in something so strongly you just want someone else to believe you so you are persistent. It's also our duty to tell others. I don't think we should be aggravating people though, so there is a balance there. In our minds it's a life of death thing so it's hard to know when to stop telling someone about God, when you feel it's something so important for them to hear. Do you know what I mean?

I'm sorry if you get offended by Christians. I'm in sales and it's a difficult thing to know when to stop calling on a potential customer. I believe strongly in my company and believe we can do the best job for them. So I'll try to reach them all the way to the point where they get offended. I don't want them to get that way, but sometimes it happens. But I have to try.

I grew up Catholic and now view the Catholic religion as a cult. I had a girlfriend back in the early 90's that was a baptist, but IMO, Baptist are worse than used car salesmen when it comes to christianity. I do believe that something created us and there is evidence that the universe was created 14.8 billion years ago, so that's my extent to a belief in a higher power. If believing in something gives you strength and makes you feel better, then that great and I will not mock anyone for that. I just don't like how Kelly is going about this, he's trying to sell books and make money.

I'm in sales and it's a difficult thing to know when to stop calling on a potential customer. I believe strongly in my company and believe we can do the best job for them. So I'll try to reach them all the way to the point where they get offended. I don't want them to get that way, but sometimes it happens. But I have to try.

I now screen all my calls at work because of guys like you. If I want to buy your product, I'll call you back.

I now screen all my calls at work because of guys like you. If I want to buy your product, I'll call you back.

Yes, but you're doing your company a disservice by not making sure you're doing business with the best vendors. Does your company produce a product or have a service? How would you like it if your sales people were treated that way? Salesman are like truckers, they get no respect. They deliver the goods and services people need but get treated harshly. You like buying your shoes, but you don't want that truck getting in front of you. Did you ever think about the guts it takes for a person to ask you if they can talk to you about their product? Show an ounce of respect and maturity, you should be replaced at your job for letting emotions control your professionalism.

If people don't want to believe in a god, why is it then acceptable for Christians to tell them they're wrong?

:thumbsup:

This country is supposed to have "Freedom of religion", but unfortuantely there are those that try and force their religious views on others in this country.

Yes, but you're doing your company a disservice by not making sure you're doing business with the best vendors.

No, I would be doing my company a disservice if I didn't know what products and services I need and how to evaluate them when I decide to purchase them. I would be doing a further disservice to spend the time listening to scores of sales pitches every week from salesmen like you who admit to harassing customers repeatedly.

Does your company produce a product or have a service? How would you like it if your sales people were treated that way?

They are treated that way and the good ones know how to deal with it (move on to the next prospect).

Salesman are like truckers, they get no respect. They deliver the goods and services people need but get treated harshly. You like buying your shoes, but you don't want that truck getting in front of you.

Not really sure what the trucker analogy has to do with anything (I've never had a trucker disrupt me at work several times in a week), but salesmen are like anyone else --- they need to earn respect. Harassing prospects because you 'believe in your company' isn't going to make that happen.

Did you ever think about the guts it takes for a person to ask you if they can talk to you about their product?

Soooo, I should have to waste my time with something I'm not interested in because it takes 'guts' to make a phone call? Really?

Show an ounce of respect and maturity, you should be replaced at your job for letting emotions control your professionalism.

Yes, clearly I am the one who is letting emotions control his professionalism. :thumbsup::beer:

No, I would be doing my company a disservice if I didn't know what products and services I need and how to evaluate them when I decide to purchase them. I would be doing a further disservice to spend the time listening to scores of sales pitches every week from salesmen like you who admit to harassing customers repeatedly.

They are treated that way and the good ones know how to deal with it (move on to the next prospect).

Not really sure what the trucker analogy has to do with anything (I've never had a trucker disrupt me at work several times in a week), but salesmen are like anyone else --- they need to earn respect. Harassing prospects because you 'believe in your company' isn't going to make that happen.

Soooo, I should have to waste my time with something I'm not interested in because it takes 'guts' to make a phone call? Really?

Yes, clearly I am the one who is letting emotions control his professionalism. :thumbsup::beer:

Clearly your the smartest person in the world. You don't need God, you don't need salesman to tell you about what might help your company, you don't need customers to listen to the salesman in your company, you're well versed in sales strategy (move on to the next prospect), you know everything about football. You're amazing. You're the first self sufficient human being.

Under your avatar says "You want to decide who lives and who dies", wow. You've got serious issues.

Clearly your the smartest person in the world. You don't need God, you don't need salesman to tell you about what might help your company, you don't need customers to listen to the salesman in your company, you're well versed in sales strategy (move on to the next prospect), you know everything about football. You're amazing. You're the first self sufficient human being.

God?? I thought we were talking about annoying sales reps. You really ought to have a thicker skin for that line of work.

Under your avatar says "You want to decide who lives and who dies", wow. You've got serious issues.

So do you, chief among them is your lack of any sense of humor.

Yet he ran a no-huddle offense where he called most of the plays...

Calling plays based on the formation and reading where the coverage will be are very different. It is well known how much work Frank Reich put into working with Kelly on reads every single day

Not a very christian-like response. You should be ashamed.

Calling plays based on the formation and reading where the coverage will be are very different. It is well known how much work Frank Reich put into working with Kelly on reads every single day

So did the coaches. Not sure of your point.

So did the coaches. Not sure of your point.

My point is that we won 13 games/season despite those deficiencies, but it caught up to us in the playoffs. Put a Marino, Elway or even Esiason back there and we win a few superbowls easily.

So do you, chief among them is your lack of any sense of humor.

Adults don't find that funny, it's a lack of maturity that makes you not understand that. My point is that's your statement under your avatar and you want to be taken seriously as a professional? You treat salesman badly and your answer is "have tougher skin"? Another sign of immaturity. How about treat people with respect.

My point is that we won 13 games/season despite those deficiencies, but it caught up to us in the playoffs. Put a Marino, Elway or even Esiason back there and we win a few superbowls easily.

Ok, understand but don't agree about the other QB's. All 3 also lost SB's and only Elway has won.

Ok, understand but don't agree about the other QB's. All 3 also lost SB's and only Elway has won.

If they had all the talent that Kelly had to work with........You add the run blocking ability of our line along with Thomas and Davis to Marino.....

Adults don't find that funny, it's a lack of maturity that makes you not understand that. My point is that's your statement under your avatar and you want to be taken seriously as a professional? You treat salesman badly and your answer is "have tougher skin"? Another sign of immaturity. How about treat people with respect.

Uh, this is not a work site dude; a silly avatar on a football message board has nothing to do with mine or anyone else's profession. It's obvious that you take yourself way too seriously. If your idea of being treated 'badly' is someone screening your calls, you need to get some perspective on life.

And I know a lot of adults that find MST3K to be hilarious. Maybe it's just not funny to uptight, holier-than-thou, hypocrites.