Darrelle Revis skips the start of training camp

After months of maneuvering and speculation, Jets cornerback Darrelle Revis has decided to go through with his training camp holdout.

Jenny Vrentas of the Newark Star-Ledger was first to report that Revis was a no-show for his morning physical and conditioning run on Sunday. At this point, we would have been surprised if Revis showed for camp.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/...-training-camp/

I let his ass sit and fine his ass the maximum per day I can. You have a contract, honor it and go to work.

Holy cow, you actually have people agreeing with you for a change.......

They will have to do a Chris Johnson thing with him, give him some bonus money now to keep him happy.

He has outperformed his rookie contract and I agree with him holding out.

Jets better not let this thing get ugly but it still early.

I don't know what CJ was thinking with accepting the bonus money, but he's not happy anymore. No way Revis does that.

I don't know what CJ was thinking with accepting the bonus money, but he's not happy anymore. No way Revis does that.

I didn't know CJ was unhappy again....

Maybe your are correct about Revis...he wants a long term deal....and how can u not blame him when they redid Ryan's contract??

If I were the Jets' GM, I'd tell him to bite it and make him ride the bench all season. Then I'd ask all the players a simple question: Do you like Revis? If anyone answered yes, I'd make them ride the bench with him all season. Then I'd look at how some of them wrote No, if it wasn't forcefull handwriting, I'd bench them too. I don't care if the whole team was on the sideline and we had to cancel every game. I'd make my stand. No one plays that likes Revis!

That's what I would do as Jets' GM.

If I were the Jets' GM, I'd tell him to bite it and make him ride the bench all season. Then I'd ask all the players a simple question: Do you like Revis? If anyone answered yes, I'd make them ride the bench with him all season. Then I'd look at how some of them wrote No, if it wasn't forcefull handwriting, I'd bench them too. I don't care if the whole team was on the sideline and we had to cancel every game. I'd make my stand. No one plays that likes Revis!

That's what I would do as Jets' GM.

Comical.....let me play devils advocate for a second. What would you do if you were Revis ... considered a top 5 player coming upon a year where there may not be a cba agreement? A hold out may be overkill but a conversation with Jet management would be in order. Lets face it if the Jets aren't willing to pay its best player what type of message does that send to the rest of the team. How would you put more money in your pocket...endorsements maybe?

Comical.....let me play devils advocate for a second. What would you do if you were Revis ... considered a top 5 player coming upon a year where there may not be a cba agreement? A hold out may be overkill but a conversation with Jet management would be in order. Lets face it if the Jets aren't willing to pay its best player what type of message does that send to the rest of the team. How would you put more money in your pocket...endorsements maybe?

The jets offered him quite a bit more money. It apparently wasn't enough.

I'd demand to be the highest paid player, period. Then I'd try and convince all my buddies on the team to stand with me in a walk out until the owner/GM gave in. To heck with the season. It's all about principle.

But, hey, I'm a crazy guy. I'll do things like that. Let's hope Revis is a man too and stands up for himself.

The rest of the team got the message when D'Brick became one of the highest-paid LTs in the league. Be a good soldier, and get paid. Mouth off like a punk and serve out the rest of your contract. (Revis, incidentally is obligated to the New York Jets for the next 3 years, new deal or not.)

The jests front office and staff has really screwed themselves, in my opinion.

Their jackhole HC declares Revis their best player and now he wants to be paid like what they said he was.

Trouble is - they didn't think he'd demand it.

Keep talkin' Ryan you flap-jawed-bone-head-diarrhea-tongued-shoot-from-the-hip-dip-shite-son-of-a-buffoon.

It will be fun to see your team self-destruct this year.

They will have to do a Chris Johnson thing with him, give him some bonus money now to keep him happy.

He has outperformed his rookie contract and I agree with him holding out.

Jets better not let this thing get ugly but it still early.

Screw him. Out performed his rookie contract? Bull ****. If that is the case add some incentives for performance to the contract.

to hell with him, fine his ass the maximum.