iPhone 4

Kevin

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IOS_jailbreaking

Is it legal? I guess it is now. But it may void your warranty.

(BTW, this should be posted on Off The Wall forum.)

its officially legal now but "jailbreaking" a phone is simply opening up the operating system so that you can do things that the locked, standard phones can't. Stuff like switching from AT&T as your carrier, running non-iphone endorsed apps etc.

It was never really called illegal in the first place, just risky and warranty-killing. I have an iphone4 on order and the dude that works at the mac store told me that 99% of the people would gain nothing from jailbreaking a phone except screwing themselves up. Its for advanced users with specific non-iphone requirements.

Jailbreaking sounds cool tho. Unlike JailBAITING which is an entirely different topic. For that one you need go to the archives and look up Travis Henry et al.......

its officially legal now but "jailbreaking" a phone is simply opening up the operating system so that you can do things that the locked, standard phones can't. Stuff like switching from AT&T as your carrier, running non-iphone endorsed apps etc.

It was never really called illegal in the first place, just risky and warranty-killing. I have an iphone4 on order and the dude that works at the mac store told me that 99% of the people would gain nothing from jailbreaking a phone except screwing themselves up. Its for advanced users with specific non-iphone requirements.

Jailbreaking sounds cool tho. Unlike JailBAITING which is an entirely different topic. For that one you need go to the archives and look up Travis Henry et al.......

Thank you very much.

It technically was illegal - a violation of the DMCA