Not so simple

Spiller was picked at nine and the draft choices around him are getting signed but he is the first running back and it is interesting that the chargers haven't signed their guy either.

It is not only where you are but the position you play too I guess. He is going to be pretty good. If you over pay a bit now before Johnson is signed and Spiller becomes similar in style and production (very high hopes) you automatically have a great deal.

It is not only where you are but the position you play too I guess. He is going to be pretty good. If you over pay a bit now before Johnson is signed and Spiller becomes similar in style and production (very high hopes) you automatically have a great deal.

We all trust that he'll be good, but there aren't many 200# RB's that play in the NFL. Chris Johnson is the exception, but he also benefits from a very good OL featuring guys like OT's Michael Roos and David Stewart. Buffalo's ability to run block will be the deciding factor in how well the offense functions. And with Bell, Green, and Meredith being their top 3 tackles I think they'll struggle.

We all trust that he'll be good, but there aren't many 200# RB's that play in the NFL. Chris Johnson is the exception, but he also benefits from a very good OL featuring guys like OT's Michael Roos and David Stewart. Buffalo's ability to run block will be the deciding factor in how well the offense functions. And with Bell, Green, and Meredith being their top 3 tackles I think they'll struggle.

You love to piss on parades.

1) Fred Jackson averaged 4.5 ypc last season.

2) Just a quick scan of the rusher leaders from last year has the following rbs in the 200 to 210 lbs range (Spiller is listed at 196lbs.):

Chris Johnson 191

Jamal Charles 199

Jerome Harrison 205

Knowshon Moreno 210

Jones-Drew 208

Ahmand Bradshaw 198

Lesean McCoy 208

Justin Forsett 194

Reggie Bush 203

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?arc...mp;d-447263-p=1

3) He isn't meant to be an every down back.

4) Considering the league is more of a passing league than it's ever been, smaller, quicker backs are on the increase.