Chris Brown's day 1 practice notes

I am hoping Brown proves to be a diamond in the rough & climbs the ladder quicker than anticipated. The "three" that Gailey announced don't exactly make me want to renew my Sunday ticket. Dang, I hope it was more of coaching debacle of late as opposed to a lack of talent, which has been my suspicion. I hope Edwards proves me wrong.

I totally agree with you, after all the recent QB draft bad luck, it would be nice for a diamond in the rough and to get lucky with a 7th rounder to turn out to be something.

I totally agree with you, after all the recent QB draft bad luck, it would be nice for a diamond in the rough and to get lucky with a 7th rounder to turn out to be something.

I'm with ya on the "luck" thing! Let's be honest, Brady (6th round) was definitely a lucky snag. If any of the big shots really knew what Brady was, he would have gone pronto. If you look back at Brown's stats last yr, combined with his interviews & also comments by opposing defenses...hey, I'm thinking this guy could shine in time.

"Plagiarized"? It appears he just copied and pasted the whole thing as is as his post, instead of posting the oh-so-easy-to-click-link. Since we are not in English 101 class, I think it's just fine he did it that way. :censored:

Yet we find that it's not.

It's just politeness to not copy a reporter's stuff wholesale. In the long run, they're all paid per click.

Plagiarism only matters on school papers or reports. After that it is pretty much common practice. There is no legal recourse for plagiarism (copyright infringement is another story). Furthermore, when you give the guy credit it is not plagiarism at any level. If you look at a graduate or post graduate paper they are littered with footnotes referencing the author as to almost every paragraph. It is actually what professors expect to see as most peoples ideas are not original.

How many of those quotations quote the whole article?

And how many footnotes (i.e. links) did you see in the original post?

So you're saying since he did not claim it as his own, no harm, no foul?

Seems to be very clear to me that he did not claim it as his own. It was quoted, referenced, and the link provided for the full story.

Jeez....

Spiderweb, originally, there was no link.

And again, these guys are paid, and fired and re-hired, largely on the basis of how many people click to their story. If you don't want to read their stuff, great. But if you do want to read their stuff, you ought to have the kindness to click to their story.