Chris Brown's day 1 practice notes

After the dust settled on the much ballyhooed quarterback pecking order Thursday there was a lot of other developments to digest concerning Buffalo’s offensive and defensive lineups as training camp practices got underway.

First and foremost was the tone that was set by head coach Chan Gailey as he had his players dressed in full pads for the first practice. It was a bit foreign to some players who have been on the roster the past couple of years.

“It was just a little bit different style,” said Trent Edwards. “A little different set up, some longer periods here and there, some shorter periods here and there. For the most part the one big thing was we haven’t been in pads when Dick (Jauron) was here the past few years and now we’re padded up and we’re going full go right away and that’s kind of the mentality here where we’re hitting and banging heads right away and that’s kind of the attitude we’re going to take.”

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/article-3...0d-6b87b3c17db4

After the dust settled on the much ballyhooed........

Good report; thanks.

It sure looks like Hardly and Maybinot are who we thought they were. Conspicuous by his absence from the list of offensive highlights is a glove wearing Mary from Los Gatos. How many days without a good play before he ends up taking reps as a 2?

Thanks for the info. I enjoyed reading it. I just have one question and its not directed towards you. It seems like so many people here are bashing the media. Another thread created today about blocking out the media. All kinds of threads "bad mouthing" other media outlets like ESPN, NFL Network, Sal M, Larry Felser, Pro footbal weekly, etc..Why should we even take into account what Chris B is saying.....He is with the media....How fair are his assessments? Does he see what we see? Is he biased? IMO, I believe we believe what we want to hear.

Is there any particular reason you plagiarized Brown's entire article rather than posting an oh-so-easy-to-click link?

Yes, I realize you gave him credit with the title of the thread, but I still don't believe it's appropriate. If any journalism experts out there want to correct me, I'll gladly learn.

Is there any particular reason you plagiarized Brown's entire article rather than posting an oh-so-easy-to-click link?

Yes, I realize you gave him credit with the title of the thread, but I still don't believe it's appropriate. If any journalism experts out there want to correct me, I'll gladly learn.

"Plagiarized"? It appears he just copied and pasted the whole thing as is as his post, instead of posting the oh-so-easy-to-click-link. Since we are not in English 101 class, I think it's just fine he did it that way. :flirt:

Thanks for the info. I enjoyed reading it. I just have one question and its not directed towards you. It seems like so many people here are bashing the media. Another thread created today about blocking out the media. All kinds of threads "bad mouthing" other media outlets like ESPN, NFL Network, Sal M, Larry Felser, Pro footbal weekly, etc..Why should we even take into account what Chris B is saying.....He is with the media....How fair are his assessments? Does he see what we see? Is he biased? IMO, I believe we believe what we want to hear.

Great point. Chris Brown does get a "pass" on this board from most of us regarding his articles. However in his defense, he does more "reporting" then "opinionating" then those other outlets you mentioned.

Since Skooby posted it as Chris Brown's day 1 practice notes, it was not plagiarism. A copy & paste as opposed to a link is no biggie in my view.

Since Skooby posted it as Chris Brown's day 1 practice notes, it was not plagiarism. A copy & paste as opposed to a link is no biggie in my view.

Agreed. Plagiarism is when the OP posts something that someone else wrote and calls it his/her own.

Thanks, skooby. Appreciate the info!

It seems like so many people here are bashing the media. Another thread created today about blocking out the media. All kinds of threads "bad mouthing" other media outlets like ESPN, NFL Network, Sal M, Larry Felser, Pro footbal weekly, etc..Why should we even take into account what Chris B is saying.....He is with the media....How fair are his assessments?

If someone in the media reports something good about the Bills, then (s)he is fair, unbiased. and knowledgeable.

If not then they are clueless Buffalo bashers.

It is to me and it will not be tolerated.

Plagiarism only matters on school papers or reports. After that it is pretty much common practice. There is no legal recourse for plagiarism (copyright infringement is another story). Furthermore, when you give the guy credit it is not plagiarism at any level. If you look at a graduate or post graduate paper they are littered with footnotes referencing the author as to almost every paragraph. It is actually what professors expect to see as most peoples ideas are not original.

Plagiarism only matters on school papers or reports. After that it is pretty much common practice. There is no legal recourse for plagiarism (copyright infringement is another story). Furthermore, when you give the guy credit it is not plagiarism at any level. If you look at a graduate or post graduate paper they are littered with footnotes referencing the author as to almost every paragraph. It is actually what professors expect to see as most peoples ideas are not original.

Tell me you're not serious. This doesn't mean it's ok.

First, people have gotten fired over plagiarism. That's serious business.

Second, footnotes in a paper is not plagiarism. It's correct documentation referencing another article or publication that's relevant to your paper.

Finally, remember the definition - plagiarism is copying something from someone else and claiming it to be your own.

Good report; thanks.

It sure looks like Hardly and Maybinot are who we thought they were. Conspicuous by his absence from the list of offensive highlights is a glove wearing Mary from Los Gatos. How many days without a good play before he ends up taking reps as a 2?

Face the obvious, Edwards will be the Bills QB on opening day barring an injury (which is quite likely with him). Brohm may not even be around by then, he took less reps opening day at camp then Levi Brown did.

Tell me you're not serious. This doesn't mean it's ok.

First, people have gotten fired over plagiarism. That's serious business.

Second, footnotes in a paper is not plagiarism. It's correct documentation referencing another article or publication that's relevant to your paper.

Finally, remember the definition - plagiarism is copying something from someone else and claiming it to be your own.

So you're saying since he did not claim it as his own, no harm, no foul?

Seems to be very clear to me that he did not claim it as his own. It was quoted, referenced, and the link provided for the full story.

Jeez....

Face the obvious, Edwards will be the Bills QB on opening day barring an injury (which is quite likely with him). Brohm may not even be around by then, he took less reps opening day at camp then Levi Brown did.

I am hoping Brown proves to be a diamond in the rough & climbs the ladder quicker than anticipated. The "three" that Gailey announced don't exactly make me want to renew my Sunday ticket. Dang, I hope it was more of coaching debacle of late as opposed to a lack of talent, which has been my suspicion. I hope Edwards proves me wrong.