My Observations from Day 1

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I really apperciate the report but this sounds liek you have a bias against Maybin. He is a 21 year old who gets excited to play football. Also, please don't tell me he is arrogant because he has a twitter account either. Either way, thanks for the report but I really don't get the anger at Maybin unless it's personal.

What makes you think that? Showing up undersized after showing near nothing last year leads me to believe otherwise

What makes you think that? Showing up undersized after showing near nothing last year leads me to believe otherwise

What are you basing this on? A causal fan's observations (no offense to the OP for his good report)? But I'm sure Jason Taylor doesn't look like a monster playing DE/ OLB either. They are taller, muscular guys wearing football equipment. I'm sure if you met Maybin, he look pretty big.

And it jsut aamazes how much people hate on the guy after one season. Why do we need to eat our young? Because he jumps up and celebrates after tackles? What an @hole.

Now before anyone gets their shorts all knotted up in a bunch, please know I am NOT comparing Maybin to the greatest outside LB in team history (with apologies to Mike Stratton). I will simply say that in one on one drills Bennett got his ass handed to him more than once by the likes of Wilford, Ballard, etc. A behemoth tackle SHOULD domindate a much smaller man in that confined space.

Let's all take a look when they line up and our Ts have to contend with a DE and Maybin operating in space. Maybin's got a lot to learn, no doubt. He looked lost last season. But he does have some physical gifts that can be exploited if he can take advantage of them. It's on him and the coaches to make that happen. He may end up riding pine but there's a lot to look at before that decision is made. Nothing definitive can be determined based on a drill on the first day of his second camp as a pro.

That said, thanks for the report, WordByrd. Good stuff. Keep 'em coming.

GO BILLS!!!

You're welcome to everyone who said thanks. I'll be in Boston for the weekend, but after that I will be doing a lot of reporting from camp for you guys.

DBell was limited, but looked to move well while he was out there. He threw MaybiNot on his butt. I think the Meredith/Bell battle will be a good one. Meredith looks like he's in good shape and moving very well also. I think Meredith could surprise.

Meredith is playing RT. He's back up to Green. Not competing with Bell; at least not yet anyway.

That doesn't surprise me at all. In fact, I get amazed that as many go as they do. I'm about as big of a Bills fan as there is and played football through college. But I absolutely hate training camp. It is the most boring, monotonous thing ever. I hated every second of training camp. Let's jsut start the games.

Bingo

So the right thing to do was take a QB at #9 who didn't go until the 48th pick? Good call.

And didn't you see the polls on here on Clausen? Fro a team that really needed a QB, it was at least 50-50 on the guy and probably more towards the negative. Clausen ain't moving units.

Tim Tebow on the other hand is a different story.

correct, tebow will be lucky to have a career qb rating of 75 before hes moved to fullback.

There's a lot of butt-hurt reporters when it comes to the Bills these past few months and a good load of reason to not accept Tim Graham's reports. His 'reporting' (might be more accurate to say reposting) on ESPN has not exactly been stellar.

However, I don't doubt that a Thursday afternoon drew a small crowd. Reports of ticket sales show that fan support is otherwise though.

There's a lot of butt-hurt reporters when it comes to the Bills these past few months and a good load of reason to not accept Tim Graham's reports. His 'reporting' (might be more accurate to say reposting) on ESPN has not exactly been stellar.

However, I don't doubt that a Thursday afternoon drew a small crowd. Reports of ticket sales show that fan support is otherwise though.

Was it raining during practice?