My Observations from Day 1

Trent Edwards looked like a leader out there. I think he deserved the nod for #1.

It might be time for all of the "brohmies" to move on. Chan seems unimpressed. Levi got more reps today than Brohm, although Brohm was declared a rotating #2.

Chan Gailey has brought a sense of toughness and discipline to camp.

Aaron god damn Maybin looks like he weighs 190 pounds!! Skinny is the word actually. He was thrown on his a$$ a few times during one on ones. On a similar note, Stroud is noticeably slimmer and Dwan Edwards looks to be in good shape.

Alex Carrington looks like a monster! I can't get over it. I can't wait to see him play.

Troup looks slightly small for a NT, but we'll have to see if he plays bigger.

Stevie Johnson looked polished. I expect him to be the #2 based on Chan's comments and the way he looks out there.

Marshawn can find a way to make standing still look difficult.

All of the safeties look like Mr. Clean.

The lack of depth at OL stood out. Aside from Eric Wood and Andy Levitre, nobody looked like a starting OLineman in 1 on 1 drills.

Poz looks like a monster. He looks like he cut up but kept the muscle.

I can't wait to see CJ!

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Really? How many first round picks get cut after their second training camp?

"Done" doesn't mean he'll get cut. I think he was done the day we drafted him. He's a pompiss, undersized, arrogant child. I wish his heart was half the size of his mouth.

Maybin is ripped, it's just not good for the position he plays.

Agreed. He's lean! He's not the size we need him to be though. He really got manhandled today. Meredith, Green, and DBell all took turns putting him on his ass... literally.

Really? How many first round picks get cut after their second training camp?

I don't think Nix/Gaily care too much about players drafted before they took over. If Maybin deserves it he'll get a visit from the Turk.

PTR

Trent Edwards looked like a leader out there. I think he deserved the nod for #1.

It might be time for all of the "brohmies" to move on. Chan seems unimpressed. Levi got more reps today than Brohm, although Brohm was declared a rotating #2.

Aaron god damn Maybin looks like he weighs 190 pounds!! Skinny is the word actually. He was thrown on his a$$ a few times during one on ones. On a similar note, Stroud is noticeably slimmer and Dwan Edwards looks to be in good shape.

Alex Carrington looks like a monster! I can't get over it. I can't wait to see him play.

Stevie Johnson looked polished. I expect him to be the #2 based on Chan's comments and the way he looks out there.

The lack of depth at OL stood out. Aside from Eric Wood and Andy Levitre, nobody looked like a starting OLineman in 1 on 1 drills.

I can't wait to see CJ!

Thanks for the update. Who's the girl in the avatar?

Tim Graham's observations

http://espn.go.com/blog/afceast

The crowd at St. John Fisher was as sparse as I've seen it. Veteran reporters who've covered this team since they moved training camp here in 2000 said it was among the thinnest and most disengaged gatherings they could remember. Granted, the first practice started at 3 p.m. on a Thursday, but schools aren't in session either. While trying to catch a glimpse of 11-on-11 drills, a few reporters discussed how autographs are such a big part of the training-camp experience, but who on the Bills' roster would compel fans to make the effort? Terrell Owens certainly helped in that regard last year.

Thanks Word, interesting what you said about Troup. Did you by any chance get to see how Kyle Williams looked at NT?

Williams and Troup look to be about the same size. Maybe it's just me, but I see Kyle as a DE more than a NT. Lonnie Harvey has the look of a traditional NT, but he is clearly sloppy. My guess is that K Williams will have good enough technique to start at NT a little undersized, and Troup will rotate with him.

Tim Graham's observations

http://espn.go.com/blog/afceast

The crowd at St. John Fisher was as sparse as I've seen it. Veteran reporters who've covered this team since they moved training camp here in 2000 said it was among the thinnest and most disengaged gatherings they could remember. Granted, the first practice started at 3 p.m. on a Thursday, but schools aren't in session either. While trying to catch a glimpse of 11-on-11 drills, a few reporters discussed how autographs are such a big part of the training-camp experience, but who on the Bills' roster would compel fans to make the effort? Terrell Owens certainly helped in that regard last year.

Wow.

I can't wait to see CJ!

I still like Brohm and think he has a lot of potential, however, like I have always said I will fully support Trent if Chan figures out how to mold him into a good QB. I have not been impressed with him at all and the fact that he looks good in camp is getting old too. If he can come out and lead our offense to points in the preseason I will start holding out hope again, but just looking good in practice is something I have heard often with him just to see it not translate to the games.

Every year we hear how good he looks and how the offense looks dangerous during practice (same with Roscoe). Then the season starts and all of a sudden we frequently have drives that consist of a 2 yard run, and two complete passes for 6 yards for a 3 and out punt on 4th and 2. End of game stats has Trent completing 70% of his passes but he still only has 160 yards (with only 5 total targets to our WR's all game), maybe 1 TD, a fumble, and a pick, all of which leads to a 24-13 loss.

So, if Trent can turn it around and figure out how to command a game and lead this team under Chan, then great, but I need to see it in a game before I will believe it. All I want is a good QB, I dont care who it is. I dont have a lot of faith in Trents moxy to pull this off, but hopefully Chan can bring it out of him or one of our other guys.