So how long before France caves again?

VABills

I figure with the kidnapping they are working to hard to allow Arabs to wear their garb, but still prevent any other religion from wearing anyhing. I say give them until Wednesday.

When is France going to realize that they can remain out of it only to a point? I know that they have publicly condemned the US, but this isn't good enough for these evil SOB's.

http://www.cnn.com/2004/WORLD/meast/08/28/...main/index.html

Guest RabidBillsFanVT

France had their own agenda, wanting to keep Saddam in power to keep their contracts with the Iraqi government in line.

Turkey has kept headscarves out of government buildings ever since Ataturk, and yet they allow schools to have headscarves. I can't imagine what the French government is thinking.. you can be secular and still allow religious dress. Then again, most EVERYONE can't understand them, including me. It's sad.

Terror of ANY kind is wrong, no matter what kind of 'cause' it is for, like anti-abortion terrorists, or Muslim terrorists, or Green Party terrorists, or ANY kind you can think of. Kidnapping is a coward's way of dealing with things, and I would expect nothing less from ANY radical.

I love the way that France's refusal to go along with the US's adventure in Iraq is somehow interpreted as "caving in". When exactly did France "cave" before? I doubt there's much chance of the French reversing this policy. I wouldn't be too suprised if these French journalists were released in much the same way as the British journalist kidnapped a couple of weeks ago was released when Al-Sadr intervened (not saying Al-Sadr is going to get the French hostages released but someone may well lean on them to let them go).