Still hawking seasons

My first game was when I was 6 in 1968. My father took me to a few games a year every year, after that......I remember being at that incredible MNF opener against Oakland in 74, so I was 12 then, and it was easily the greatest game ever until the 90s......And, there was this drunk young guy in the row behind us who passed out and missed the incredible finish. My dad and my friends just laughed at what a loser he was for missing that.

My first game was when I was 6 in 1968. My father took me to a few games a year every year, after that......I remember being at that incredible MNF opener against Oakland in 74, so I was 12 then, and it was easily the greatest game ever until the 90s......And, there was this drunk young guy in the row behind us who passed out and missed the incredible finish. My dad and my friends just laughed at what a loser he was for missing that.

Wish BillCody1960 would put that game up on youtube again.

That was up and now it's down? Damn, I'd love to see that. That was back pre-VCR and when they blacked out all home games anyway (sellout or not). So, I never saw the game again........But, I do remember seeing the highlights on the sports, and the next day we all trying the Rashad spin move to get open on Willie Brown for the game winning touchdown - awesome!

My wife bought tickets to the kids day preseason game a short while ago. So she gets a call during dinner last night (rude to make sales calls at that time I think) from the Bills ticket office trying to get her to buy seasons. She told the guy she couldn't because we have young kids and did not want to expose them to all of the binge drinking alcoholics at the games. The sales guy mentioned the family section and the rest of the conversation went like this:

Wife: So since it is a family section no alcohol is allowed?

Sales Dude: Yes, that's what makes it family friendly.

Wife: And there is security there to make sure no one brings beer into that section?

Sales Dude: Ummm .... no.

Wife: OK ... but then there is security there to make sure that the people that have been getting hammered in the parking lots all day and are obviously drunk don't go into that section right?

Sales Dude: Ummm ... no.

Wife: So then besides the name, what makes this a family section?

Sales Dude: We encourage families to buy tickets there.

Wife: Well thank you for the call and if you ever get a real family section let me know.

The sales people can't be having good luck making their quotas this year. Buddy didn't give them anything to work with like Brandon did last year with TO.

Naiiicee...your wife totally pwned that sales dude!

I took my kid to games when they where little (9?)

I used it as an example of how people get out of control and that they always want to be in control of themselves.

They hear lots of things at school and the playground....I don't want to control them, I just want to contain them.

Using idiots for examples makes it easier for them to understand.

To each their own....I don't think the family section is a bad place for the kids...getting to the stadium and parking lot may be a different story

Much respect...I like your teaching style. Educate not terrify. :flirt: