Still hawking seasons

My wife bought tickets to the kids day preseason game a short while ago. So she gets a call during dinner last night (rude to make sales calls at that time I think) from the Bills ticket office trying to get her to buy seasons. She told the guy she couldn't because we have young kids and did not want to expose them to all of the binge drinking alcoholics at the games. The sales guy mentioned the family section and the rest of the conversation went like this:

Wife: So since it is a family section no alcohol is allowed?

Sales Dude: Yes, that's what makes it family friendly.

Wife: And there is security there to make sure no one brings beer into that section?

Sales Dude: Ummm .... no.

Wife: OK ... but then there is security there to make sure that the people that have been getting hammered in the parking lots all day and are obviously drunk don't go into that section right?

Sales Dude: Ummm ... no.

Wife: So then besides the name, what makes this a family section?

Sales Dude: We encourage families to buy tickets there.

Wife: Well thank you for the call and if you ever get a real family section let me know.

The sales people can't be having good luck making their quotas this year. Buddy didn't give them anything to work with like Brandon did last year with TO.

My wife bought tickets to the kids day preseason game a short while ago. So she gets a call during dinner last night (rude to make sales calls at that time I think) from the Bills ticket office trying to get her to buy seasons. She told the guy she couldn't because we have young kids and did not want to expose them to all of the binge drinking alcoholics at the games. The sales guy mentioned the family section and the rest of the conversation went like this:

Wife: And there is security there to make sure no one brings beer into that section?

Wife: OK ... but then there is security there to make sure that the people that have been getting hammered in the parking lots all day and are obviously drunk don't go into that section right?

Wife: Well thank you for the call and if you ever get a real family section let me know.

The sales people can't be having good luck making their quotas this year. Buddy didn't give them anything to work with like Brandon did last year with TO.

It's a football game, not a Yo Gabba Gabba show. I made the mistake of bringing my young daughter to a game years ago and scared the crap out of her.

As for selling tickets, a couple of wins and people will be climbing over each other to get on the bandwagon.

PTR

Maybe if they had Mickey & Minnie walking around.....never mind the drunks would probably just beat them up!

I scalped some tickets a few years ago not realizing they were in the family section.

I tried to walk in with a beer and they wouldn't let me. Not saying I wasn't feelin' good going in but the section was very subdued.

As for selling tickets, a couple of wins and people will be climbing over each other to get on the bandwagon.

Yeah but the temporary cold callers they have now will be long gone by then.

Besides, looking at the start of the schedule it may be a while before we see two wins.

what kind of pussified ned flanders family wont take their kids to a ball game

My wife wants to take my 7 year old daughter to a game. I told her no way do I want to expose her to that kind of stupidity. May still end up taking her, but I doubt it.

My wife wants to take my 7 year old daughter to a game. I told her no way do I want to expose her to that kind of stupidity. May still end up taking her, but I doubt it.

The kids day game is not bad at all. My youngest were 7 when we started going.

They loved it and for the most part the hard core !@#$ drunks respect that a lot of kids will be there and either don't go or keep themselves under control.

Doesn't she see it every day?

I mean you are in Pennsyltucky right? :beer:

Just kidding, I waited till my kids were aolder than 7, ( probably 12-14) and with my daughter, I went on a cold, snowy, late season game that was not going to be crazy with drunks although we did see a few.

The fact they haven't released total season ticket sales is an admission that things aren't going well. And last's year RW ordered that Buffalo sign TO.

It may indeed by awhile before they total 2 wins with the opening 5-6 weeks of their schedule. And that's why ST sales are probably, IMO, in the 40-45k range or about 10-15k below last season. .

I took my kid to games when they where little (9?)

I used it as an example of how people get out of control and that they always want to be in control of themselves.

They hear lots of things at school and the playground....I don't want to control them, I just want to contain them.

Using idiots for examples makes it easier for them to understand.

To each their own....I don't think the family section is a bad place for the kids...getting to the stadium and parking lot may be a different story

Well that's a good thing. Apparently they don't strictly enforce that all the time or this sales dude was uninformed.

I'm hoping uninformed. When I was selling tickets, we stressed that the Family Section had dedicated ushers and security to prevent people from bringing beers into it. You could still go buy them at the consession stands, just couldn't bring them to your seats.

this call reminds me of a seinfeld episode where he tells the telemarketer, "you wouldn't like it if someone interrupted your dinner right?" dumb sales person says, "no" and jerry hangs up!

classic.

I waited till my kids were aolder than 7, ( probably 12-14) and with my daughter, I went on a cold, snowy, late season game that was not going to be crazy with drunks although we did see a few.

That's my line of thinking, though they're probably playing games in San Antonio by then.