LT Bell good to go

The goal was for Bills LT Demetrius Bell to be good to go come training camp. It appears as though that will be the case, but pounding out two-a-days coming off a long knee rehabilitation is not on the docket to start.

“He’s really doing good,” said Bills GM Buddy Nix. “We’re going to try to be smart with him and not take him out there and grind him twice a day. But he’s really further along than we had hoped at this time.”

That’s certainly good news for Buffalo’s left tackle position where Bell is expected to compete primarily with second-year man Jamon Meredith with fifth-round pick Ed Wang also a candidate. Nix was asked if he considered adding a more veteran offensive tackle to the mix. Here was his response.

“You’d like maybe to add a guy to the mix,” said Nix. “We’ve been down this road before, if it’s a clear improvement at the position then you do it, but if it’s not then I don’t think you retard the process and you hope these young guys go through.

http://blogs.buffalobills.com/2010/07/28/bell-good-to-go/

I am so hoping this works out.

My dream scenario is that Bell becomes what the bills hope he could be and Meradith takes over the RT spot....solving our ol issues because we are covered guard to gaurd

i like meredith at rt, but wood at center and kyle calloway inside at LG. calloway and meredith would make a mean right side.

not to mention they are all 3rd yr or less, which bodes very well for cj spiller and company. :blink:

My dream scenario is that Bell becomes what the bills hope he could be and Meradith takes over the RT spot....solving our ol issues because we are covered guard to gaurd

Well, Bell is still a talented player, so it might work out with better coaching and system. People get nervous about his false start penalties but that is correctable.

i like meredith at rt, but wood at center and kyle calloway inside at LG. calloway and meredith would make a mean right side.

not to mention they are all 3rd yr or less, which bodes very well for cj spiller and company. :blink:

This!

How's Calloway going to make a mean right side from LG?

That would be awesome. I also want him starting for the team when they make the SB so his story will become a national topic. God, I hate Karl Malone. :blink:

Why do you like Calloway. Haven't seen him do anything on this level yet.