Erik Ainge

Erik Ainge can be the long term answer for the Buffalo Bills at QB.

Resume:

In college, he was a productive 4 year starter at Tennessee. His senior year he threw 31 TDs and only 10 interceptions while completing over 62 % of his passes.

He has been molded for two years by highly respected OC Brian Schottenheimer.

Strengths as a Football Player:

- He's smart and understands how to read defenses/go through reads

- Big time arm and can make all the throws

- Can throw on the move

- Very good pocket presence (he was the least sacked QB in college football)

- Has a natural throwing motion, not mechanical

- Very good athlete for his size

That being said, I think that Jake Locker and Andrew Luck are UNBELIEVABLE QB prospects. I think both of them have far more potential than Sam Bradford. I would be ecstatic if the Bills were able to land either one of these guys. However, I don't think Buffalo will pick low enough to grab either one of these guys.

Despite my affinity for Ainge, Locker, and Luck I do think that Trent Edwards can be productive for Buffalo. I fully expect Trent to win the starting job and have his best year to date.

Resume:

In college, he was a productive 4 year starter at Tennessee. His senior year he threw 31 TDs and only 10 interceptions while completing over 62 % of his passes.

- Can throw on the move

That being said, I think that Jake Locker and Andrew Luck are UNBELIEVABLE QB prospects. I think both of them have far more potential than Sam Bradford. I would be ecstatic if the Bills were able to land either one of these guys. However, I don't think Buffalo will pick low enough to grab either one of these guys.

Despite my affinity for Ainge, Locker, and Luck I do think that Trent Edwards can be productive for Buffalo. I fully expect Trent to win the starting job and have his best year to date.

He can't be any good. I've never heard of him.

PTR

Hmmmm....Erik Ainge....his uncle, Danny, is the GM of my favorite basketball team, as well as a major contributor to some of the greatest teams in that franchises history... that is enough, in my book, to give him some consideration!

Resume:

- Can throw on the move

Thought about this guy quite a bit last year what with our QB problems and his strong showings in pre season. Like his upside a lot more than Clemens. Hes got to lay off the controlled substance stuff though. Looks like the jets mean to keep him.

Matt Moore and Kyle Orton are set to be FAs in 2011. Whether they resign or not, that may free up other Qbs on those rosters (Quinn/Tebow/Clausen). Those are some potential options outside of the draft. Just thinking outloud.