Danario Alexander-Medically cleared

Would have been a second round pick if it weren't for the injuries. Sign and put him on the shelf for a year. He was one of the top five wideouts in college last year.

Statistically he blew everyone else out of the water......

113 rec

1781 Yards

14 TDs

At 6-foot-4 1/2 and 221 pounds, he posted a vertical leap of 43 inches and reached 11 feet 1 inch in the broad jump during pre-Senior Bowl training. Those are rare numbers for an NFL draft prospect at any position. In his "belated pro day", which is what he called it last week....he was rumored to run a 4.41 in his 40.

I'm really glad you made a post about Danario.

He has been on my radar since before the NFL draft. I do a lot of my stats research on cfbstats.com, and Danario was flat out PRODUCTIVE. I think it would definitely be wise for the Bills to add him to the mix. In my opinion, he has a very high upside.

I'd be all for this move. His career in the NFL may be shorter than some WR's due to the injuries, but the kid has all the talent in the world. The knock on him though is his route running ability with those knee problems. He still runs better than Hardy though.

With that kind of talent, what's stopping them from getting him? Would it be a waiver thing, or highest bidder, or some kind of supplemental, highest bidder type choice. If it's simply a matter of offering him the most, we should go for it. It'd be a shame not to. We've got so much young talent on our team. Imagine this kid with Nelson, Johnson, Easley, Hardy, and the rookies, plus Lynch and Spiller - long term, plus our O-line is all pretty young. All we'd have to do next year is get our QB, if one doesn't pop out of the group this year, and likewise with a Tackle. We've got to be turning over these stones, man!

Just watch the video, all of these highlights are from last year alone:

The kids got a ton of talent, he's just been injury prone....just needs a shot.

Another Chase Coffman - I appreciate "promise" but it sure looks like CIN wasted a #3 on him, and his busted foot. He did hobble back and had considerable practice time, and the official line from the club on him was "we are working to improve his blocking skills."

The last I read from him in the press, is that he's still working on the healing process or some such pap.

I doubt that players from the Missouri program will get much consideration from the B'gals in future drafts.

from the Robert Givens at the Missouri Tigers Examiner:

Earlier today, Danario Alexander may have taken the last steps on his way to an NFL training camp.

Regarded as a mid-round selection, as high as second round by some, before a Senior Bowl injury required a fourth surgery to his left knee, Alexander went undrafted in April. No stranger to adversity and hardwork, Alexander continued to rehab and condition while his peers heard their names called on draft day.

Alexander tweeted earlier today his vitals from his workout in Houston: 4.4 forty yard dash, 41.5 inch vertical. Of the numbers not mentioned was his time in the shuttle drill aimed at gauging short-area quickness like getting off the line. Alexander clocked an eye-popping 4.12. In comparison, Cal speedster Javid Best clocked in at 4.17 at the NFL combine in early April.

And many may see the dangerous combination of Alexander's size and vertical leap. More encouraging is that Alexander was able to explode for such a measurement off his surgically repaired knee. Although, it is a noticeable difference from his school record leap of 46.5 inches.

Scary numbers for a 6'5'', 215 pound receiver who led Div. I in receiving yards last year with 1781.

Unfortunately for Alexander, his injury history makes Michael Myers look like a long lost friend.

His left ACL has been shredded more than fresh powder on the slopes of Vail. Coming back from three ACL tears made rehabbing some cartilage damage easy, right?

Not when it's standing in front of you and the NFL.

But thanks to this impressive workouts, Alexander may not have to wait long for an invitation to an NFL squad's training camp. Although, the St Louis Rams are the only team thus far to schedule a physical and visit. The other ignorable NFL team in Missouri, the Kansas City Chiefs, reportedly are not interested in Alexander. Chicago Bears scout Chris Ballard conducted the workout today and given the history when Bears scouts run a potential player's workout, it isn't out of the question that Alexander will be the next former Tiger receiver in the Windy City.

According to Alexander and his agent, Jeff Nalley, there are "a few teams that would sign me right off the bat" but declined to elaborate on those squads.

Whichever team lands the Marlin, Texas native will get a freakish combination of athletic ability and natural size. More importantly though, they will have a player with a mature perspective and deep respect for the game attained through his many steps to the NFL.

Although he is wrong about the surgeries. Super Nario has had three surgeries on his knee and only one ACL tear. The second surgery was a graft fail from the original surgery, not a second ACL tear. The third surgery was an unrelated cartilage problem. Anytime you have 3 surgeries on the same knee its not a good thing but if you have 3 ACL tears you probably wouldn't be walking.

I wouldn't say Alexander costs "nothing". It's very likely he doesn't play this year because he's simply not ready. He pretty much admitted he was looking for a deal that allows him to continue to work his way back with an eye on next season.

I'm not against the BILLS trying to get him because when he's healthy he's superior to everyone on the roster not named Lee Evans.

I wouldn't say Alexander costs "nothing". It's very likely he doesn't play this year because he's simply not ready. He pretty much admitted he was looking for a deal that allows him to continue to work his way back with an eye on next season.

I'm not against the BILLS trying to get him because when he's healthy he's superior to everyone on the roster not named Lee Evans.

True, no one cost nothing....worst case he cost a practice squad spot and a little change. Don't know what the hell I did with my original post stating that, must have deleted it on accident.

Another Chase Coffman - I appreciate "promise" but it sure looks like CIN wasted a #3 on him, and his busted foot. He did hobble back and had considerable practice time, and the official line from the club on him was "we are working to improve his blocking skills."

The last I read from him in the press, is that he's still working on the healing process or some such pap.

I doubt that players from the Missouri program will get much consideration from the B'gals in future drafts.

Again, guess I deleted my response somehow. Danario beat out Maclin twice for a starting job before being injured. I guess the difference is Coffman cost the Bengals a third rounder and this wouldn't cost the Bills much at all. He has some insane measurables and was insanely productive last year.

We could be one of the teams with an "offer already on the table". Perhaps Nix and company have been making attempts at getting players, and maybe they've just been a little less appealling than what other teams have offered?

That or he might end up staying here locally, the Rams have shown a lot of interest and he's had a lot of sucess here in the Mighty Mo. Who knows, he's just a good kid who has caught some bad breaks and I'm just routing for him to suceed. If he can stay healthy, he could be a monster....that's a big if though and it would be that much sweeter if he was a Bill. Go Super Nario!