where did all the money go?

Big deal. Medicare fraud is estimated at $60 billion -- per year.

Not a "right wing blog"

...or $80 billion. Depends on who you ask.

Might be a "right wing blog", will need conner to make official ruling

I tend to trust politifact. From everything I've seen they mostly give a pretty fair explanation, and the text in that link is a fair assessment, IMO.

There is a lot of Medicare fraud. It's a good thing the recent Health Care Reform Bill had several provisions and funding that allows for better fraud prevention. I'm wondering if the passage of that bill is the reason that these busts were able to happen earlier this month.

I'm wondering if the passage of that bill is the reason that these busts were able to happen earlier this month.

Yeah, because the government is well known for their ability to move at blinding speed. :ph34r:

Thanks, though for ignoring the real story and pretending that this somehow absolves what is probably trillions of dollars (over term) of fraud brought to you by the big government liberals from both parties. And that's just one program.

Yeah, because the government is well known for their ability to move at blinding speed. :ph34r:

But criminal investigations never take more than an hour. Or 42 minutes, when you subtract commercials.

Conner, you're a !@#$ing idiot.

Thanks, though for ignoring the real story and pretending that this somehow absolves what is probably trillions of dollars (over term) of fraud brought to you by the big government liberals from both parties. And that's just one program.

Wait you're blaming Conner for ignoring "the real story" I find that hilarious since the original topic of the thread (8.7bil of the Iraqi reconstruction fund, from sold Iraqi oil, unaccounted for) has been ignored.

Wait you're blaming Conner for ignoring "the real story" I find that hilarious since the original topic of the thread (8.7bil of the Iraqi reconstruction fund, from sold Iraqi oil, unaccounted for) has been ignored.

I'm always shocked when DoD or any other big government entity is unable to account for huge amounts of money. [/sarcasm]

It hasn't changed since they admitted they couldn't account for a TRILLION dollars during the Clinton administration and no one seems to be all that interested in changing it (either politicians or the idiots who continue to vote them in). Instead we'll allow the government to pass huge stimulus packages with little oversight and basically take over health care. I wonder how those are going to turn out (again, sarcasm).

Who's ignoring it? The point has been made repeatedly that big gov't and the corruption it brings is the problem, be it Iraq, Medicare, or Charlie Rangel's collection of rent controlled apartments.

This does not mean the government can't or does not move quickly at times. Remember the pirate hostage situation, the terrorists arrested at JFK, or the Times Square bomber? You having what you think is conventional wisdom does not make it fact.

This does not mean the government can't or does not move quickly at times. Remember the pirate hostage situation, the terrorists arrested at JFK, or the Times Square bomber? You having what you think is conventional wisdom does not make it fact.

:devil: Your view of the world is so unbelievably stunted.

You are such a !@#$ing idiot. :devil:

Wow. That would have been a fantastic crayonz post.

The bankers got a hold of it and loaned it out for high risk mortgagaes is my guess.

Yes, the mortgages that they were "encouraged" to make by the CRA created under Carter, expanded under Clinton and at times "organized" by the greatest community organizer of all time.