Anyone Here Familiar With Soldier Field?

IDBillzFan

Three of us are taking a Chicago Bears fan/friend to a game at Solder Field this year (preferably their Sunday Nighter vs. the Packers) as a surprise and we want to give him the best experience. I know nothing about the stadium and want to know if anyone here has any experience with Soldier Field. We're not above going top shelf if they have some box seats with full bar, etc., and while I'm reaching out as well at at a Bears website, I thought I'd see if anyone here had any experiences with the stadium?

Thanks in advance.

Great stadium, great town! Chi town is a Bears town! What would you like to know?

We're looking at getting tickets through Stubhub or Ticketmaster (ugh) and just want to get an idea of preferred box seating, especially if they have a bar, cocktail waitresses, etc. We know him well enough to know he'd be less interested in sideline seating as much as upper level, maybe a suite-like setup, with all the cool perks he typically wouldn't experience.

Was there a couple years ago for a pre-season game against the Cards (on of Leinarts first games). Sat right at the top of the stadium, second to last row, it was a cool experience. The stadium is nice, they did some cool work to it to modernize it and still keep alot of the old features

Was there a couple years ago for a pre-season game against the Cards (on of Leinarts first games). Sat right at the top of the stadium, second to last row, it was a cool experience. The stadium is nice, they did some cool work to it to modernize it and still keep alot of the old features

Don't they call it the "Flyin' Saucer?' Because it looks like a "flyin' saucer" is plopped right down in the old stadium... I know you are allowed to walk around the whole thing anytime... Take a stroll through the old colonnades... Mixed in with the Shedd Aquarium, Adler Planetarium, and Field Museum (natural history)... the whole area around Soldier forms a very nice park/museum campus along that stretch of Lake Michigan. Knock Chicago for whatever warts it has... Yet the city "works." If they can move Lake Shore Drive over just around 10 years ago and build this campus... BFLO can do something with the I-190 (Niagara Section) and reclaim its lake/riverfront! :blush: