Troup vs Cody

Fingon

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/...ditioning-test/

Not a huge deal, but it does tell you a lot about Cody.

See also Sam Adams and CIN #1 Andre Smith. Plan on game #5 until such "round" into shape. :lol:

Smith played a hundred or so snaps a t RT last season. Flattened his direct opponent - how could he not, with that bulk? :ph34r:

Still question marks about his fragile lower part coming into camp. Dumb pick by CIN, IMO...a LT??? Not yet.

The other big noise that CIN passed on, Eugene Monroe, started 13 and played in 15.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/...ditioning-test/

Not a huge deal, but it does tell you a lot about Cody.

:lol:

IMO, it is a huge deal. I'm pretty sure he's the only one on the team who failed the test. I may be wrong but I think we'd hear about the others too.

Damn, we blew it by not drafting Cody! I've heard that guy's a STUD!

PTR

He leaps fallen linemen in a single bound!!

I still can't believe people wanted to draft that tub of goo.

What they said.

The prototypical nose these days is 350. That's what most teams look for in their NT. Not a lie at all, just the modern NFL. Pretty common known information.

That sound about right h2o. The Bills don't want him to get too big to fast but you can bet the long term goal is probably around 350. Some current NT's who play at or very close to 350: Kris Jenkins, Vince Wilfork, Jamal Williams, Pat Williams, Shaun Rogers, just to name a few.....

Here's a sampling of NT's on NFL rosters. You can find this info here.

Kris Jenkins 360, Casey Hampton is 325, Wilfork 325, Pickett 340, Dvoracek 303, Ron Edwards 315, Ron Fields 314, Aubrayo Franklin 317, Kelly Gregg 315, Ogemdi Nwagbuo 303, Sione Pouha 325, B.J. Raji 337, Jay Ratliff 303, Bryan Robinson 304, Shaun Rogers 350, Ahtyba Rubin 330, Ian Scott 315, Paul Soliai 355, Kelly Talavou 350, Martin Tevaseu 310, Gabe Watson 329, Willie Williams 305, Jamal Williams 348 and Pat Williams 317.

Out of twenty four NT's six are within 10 pounds of 350. You were outright wrong about Wilfork and Pat Williams. So if you count 25% being common knowledge I'd have to disagree.

Not a huge deal? Thats a HUGE deal? The guy played 40% of his teams D snaps in college because of his conditioning. Now he fails a conditioning test to even practice. Great player with great talent but its all for not if he cant stay in shape.

:ph34r:

The Fridge = Mount Cody.. Great promise but he will eat himself out of football..

The Fridge was an athlete. He could slam dunk a basketball.

Here's a sampling of NT's on NFL rosters. You can find this info here.

Kris Jenkins 360, Casey Hampton is 325, Wilfork 325, Pickett 340, Dvoracek 303, Ron Edwards 315, Ron Fields 314, Aubrayo Franklin 317, Kelly Gregg 315, Ogemdi Nwagbuo 303, Sione Pouha 325, B.J. Raji 337, Jay Ratliff 303, Bryan Robinson 304, Shaun Rogers 350, Ahtyba Rubin 330, Ian Scott 315, Paul Soliai 355, Kelly Talavou 350, Martin Tevaseu 310, Gabe Watson 329, Willie Williams 305, Jamal Williams 348 and Pat Williams 317.

Out of twenty four NT's six are within 10 pounds of 350. You were outright wrong about Wilfork and Pat Williams. So if you count 25% being common knowledge I'd have to disagree.

:ph34r:

To be fair, listed weights, especially for the NFL's big men are NOTORIOUSLY inaccurate.

As one lineman recently said, asking a lineman what his weight is, is like asking a woman what her age is.

Listed weights for nose tackles is like a running joke on NFL telecasts.

The talk I've heard about Troup is that he can be a good player, but has to get stronger. For the first season or two, I expect his play to be very limited- which is fine- we are looking to rebuild, not contend for the playoffs.

The talk I've heard about Troup is that he can be a good player, but has to get stronger. For the first season or two, I expect his play to be very limited- which is fine- we are looking to rebuild, not contend for the playoffs.

Troup was probably the strongest DT to come out of the draft, and every scouting report I've read points to his tremendous strength and inability for lineman to move him. I'm not sure where you are getting your information.

It's the first practice people.......hate away for now because when he's ready he'll propell the Baltimore D to #1 in the NFL. All he has to do year 1 is relieve Kelley Gregg 4-6 snaps a quarter .

Yes, but I used to think that about Mike Williams, and that he would have a similar affect on the Bills offensive line.

Yes, but I used to think that about Mike Williams, and that he would have a similar affect on the Bills offensive line.

why would you think the same thing about a player who needs to be out on the field every offensive play vs a situational defensive lineman in an already stacked rotation?

Troup was probably the strongest DT to come out of the draft, and every scouting report I've read points to his tremendous strength and inability for lineman to move him. I'm not sure where you are getting your information.

THis is what I have been hearing as well......Troup is very hard to move even though he does not way 350 plus pounds and since he isn't a blog like Cody will be able to play more snaps.

In all Honesty Troup reminds me of that DT that the Arizona Cardonals have when I watch him play........he is a gamer who isn't gonna get pushed out of the way. Whoever lines up across from him is gonna have to work for it.

Exactly. Why don't you ask their coaches how much Pat Williams and Vince Wilfork REALLY weigh. Both are around 350 gurenteed.

I couldnt care less about weight. Id take Jay Ratlif production out of Troup, and he is only 305 or some sh-t

Many of the posts in this thread are proof that some people care more about being right than they do reality. So, let me get this straight... dude is missing a mandatory practice because he's out of shape and that's OK? On the other hand, if Hardy or someone on the Bills looks out of shape (heavens, please don't let them miss a voluntary practice for personal reasons), they're a bust or at best aren't committed to the team?

Any way you slice it, he's a rookie that just showed up to training camp out of shape. There's not a planet in existence in which that would be acceptable.

+1

His 34 reps at the combine were two more than Suh. He's plenty strong enough to hold the POA. Plus, he can probably play comfortably at 330-335 if need be. Hell, he's listed at what, 314? That's plenty to get it done when considering how strong he is.

GO BILLS!!!

Damn, we blew it by not drafting Cody! I've heard that guy's a STUD!

PTR

Good point Promo. I would hate it if the Bills blew early round picks on players for whom we would be lucky to get a 4th rounder.

By the way, JP Losman, Roscoe Parrish, Donte Whitner, John McCargo, Marshawn Lynch and Leodis McKelvin said to say hi.