ESPN salary analysis

insider article so I'll post the gist...

Bills

2010 Team Salary: $109,377,363

2010 Dead Money: $27,279

Player with Highest Team Salary Number: Aaron Schobel, DE ($8,282,280)

majimi

2010 Team Salary: $124,695,517

2010 Dead Money: $10,910,000

Player with Highest Team Salary Number: Jake Long, OT ($11,325,000)

*s

2010 Team Salary: $123,196,291

2010 Dead Money: $10,665,190

Player with Highest Team Salary Number: Randy Moss, WR ($11,257,280)

jests

2010 Team Salary: $129,193,924

2010 Dead Money: $9,492,526

Player with Highest Team Salary Number: Mark Sanchez, QB ($8,952,905)

Mentions Whitner as non-tendered player in contract year...says days in Buffalo may be numbered

Mentions Evans as player most needed to live up to salary # $7,033,333.

I suppose that soon we could consider Schobel's contract as dead money?

Very interesting. Assuming that Schobel does not play this year for the Bills and some amount of his salary would not be categorized as "dead money," the Bills are by a significant amount the lowest salaried team in the AFC East.

Very interesting. Assuming that Schobel does not play this year for the Bills and some amount of his salary would not be categorized as "dead money," the Bills are by a significant amount the lowest salaried team in the AFC East.

No reason to overpay the mopes we have on the team. I'd rather work towards building a team than spend another 20 million just cuz.

I think the low salary is more a result of our poor drafting and UFA signings the last decade resulting in no stars and frequent cuts, not a sign of stinginess.

Huge amount of dead money compared to our AFC East rivals.

I guess Langston Walker figures in there somewhere.

I thought that too at first, but the article says we have $27,279 while the others are in the millions.

It won't be 'dead money' because Schobel will 'retire' and the team won't pay him or be responsible for that money.

Bills don't have much dead money because they practice cash-to-cap.

When you remove the dead money, the Bills salary total isn't much different than the other teams in the AFC East. What we pay our current players is about what they pay theirs.

This is a bad thing - we are paying nearly the same for a less talented team.

However, because we don't have dead money, the Bills have more cap space. Just haven't been able to find any worthwhile free agents to spend it on. Maybe next year.

It won't be 'dead money' because Schobel will 'retire' and the team won't pay him or be responsible for that money.

That's what I thought would happen. Maybe with some of that money the Bills can get Troup and Spiller signed soon and they can start to practice.

I thought that too at first, but the article says we have $27,279 while the others are in the millions.

The Bills haven't really signed any significant free agents over the last 2 or 3 years, beyond TO, who only had a 1 year deal. I would guess that a significant amount of the "dead money" other teams have, is from FA's that didn't pan out.

He doesn't ...... he makes about 4mil less

FALSE

LEE EVANS: Signed a four-year, $37.25 million contract extension through 2012. The deal includes $18.25 million guaranteed.

Averages to 9.31 mill/yr with 4.56 mill guaranteed/yr

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpag...t=nfl&id=26

RANDY MOSS: three-year deal worth $27 million. the deal included guarantees of $15 million

Averages to 9 mill/yr with 5 mill/yr guaranteed.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3274806.

- The only way Moss makes 4 mil more than Evans is basically Moss hits every one of his incentives, and Evans doesn't hit any. Either way its absurd to think they two players nearly identical contracts.