Chester Pitts working out for Buffalo

Lothar

Well they had the nastiest S.O.B. of a road grader run blocker,young, healthy in the name of Richie Incognito on the roster, but let him go to the dolphins so he can kick the crap out of our defensive line twice a year. Nice move front office that one will bite us in the defense. The Dolphins have assembled one hell of a mean ass kicking run blocking offensive line. In two years Bill Parcells has assembled what the Bills have'nt had in 20 years. Jake Long, Donald Thomas, Jake Grove, Richie Incognito, They drafted a 340 lb monster named John Jerry to work into the line up at guard also, I forgot the right tackle, but he's an all pro also i think from the hurricane's. They have also recently signed about 3 DT's to play DE in the 3-4 rotation. Parcells love to rotate those DL men to keep them fresh in the 4th quarter. Something this is a long way from doing. We need to find three startes first. get them worn down so they get ran all over in the 4th quarter, then maybe by week 10-12 we should start to Carrington or Ellis get into the linup.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well they had the nastiest S.O.B. of a road grader run blocker,young, healthy in the name of Richie Incognito on the roster, but let him go to the dolphins so he can kick the crap out of our defense line have two personal fouls, a false start and three missed assignments out of our defensive line against the Bills twice a year.

Fixed....

Who do you release at tackle? Buddy had a direct hand in bringing in Wang and Green, Bell and Meredith both have potential. Heck, Buddy may have had a hand in Meredith as well. I think that's why Chris Brown has been saying they will probably get interior help instead. Maybe if Bell/Meredith lay an egg in camp they can move Pitts out to LT, but if he's needed inside because of injury that puts one of those guys back into the lineup.

I think we've hitched our wagons to the current group of OT's and we'll see what happens. Injuries are probably going to be the only thing that changes our roster at OT.

Do you realistically enter the season with Bell, Meredith, Green, and Wang as your OT's? Because if you do the QB's better buy extra personal injury insurance and get Cellino and Barnes on speed dial. Bell was a disaster a year ago before getting injured, Meredith couldn't make the Packers active roster when GB couldn't block Mama Pecoraro, Green was allowed to leave Oakland, and Wang is another project. That's positional negligence and Buffalo's OT situation is the worst in the NFL or close to it.

Pitts at LT? Man, I remember the days people wanted Levitre at OT because he played it in college. Heck, why not Nick Hennessey or Cordaro Howard? All you gotta be is strong and big to play LT, and it's not different than other OL positions. :devil:

I actually thought Johnathan Scott was better than Bell or Merideth, but i guess he was'nt good enough to crack the line in Buffallo so he'll go to Pittsburgh and start at tackle there. I'm glad we are so good at evaluating talent, those Steelers offensive lines are so terrible.

I actually thought Johnathan Scott was better than Bell or Merideth, but i guess he was'nt good enough to crack the line in Buffallo so he'll go to Pittsburgh and start at tackle there. I'm glad we are so good at evaluating talent, those Steelers offensive lines are so terrible.

You're right, they are. Ben Roethlisberger has been sacked at least 45 times every year he has been in the league. He has been the most sacked QB in the NFL once, number 2 twice, and never out of the top 5.

Scott is starting by default ( assuming he DOES start), because the previous starter got injured. And Big Ben takes tons of sacks, leading many to say that the O-line isn't that good, at least at pass blocking.

Well they had the nastiest S.O.B. of a road grader run blocker,young, healthy in the name of Richie Incognito on the roster, but let him go to the dolphins so he can kick the crap out of our defensive line twice a year. Nice move front office that one will bite us in the defense. The Dolphins have assembled one hell of a mean ass kicking run blocking offensive line. In two years Bill Parcells has assembled what the Bills have'nt had in 20 years. Jake Long, Donald Thomas, Jake Grove, Richie Incognito, They drafted a 340 lb monster named John Jerry to work into the line up at guard also, I forgot the right tackle, but he's an all pro also i think from the hurricane's. They have also recently signed about 3 DT's to play DE in the 3-4 rotation. Parcells love to rotate those DL men to keep them fresh in the 4th quarter. Something this is a long way from doing. We need to find three startes first. get them worn down so they get ran all over in the 4th quarter, then maybe by week 10-12 we should start to Carrington or Ellis get into the linup.

Yeah, Incognito was so good every team except Miami didn't offer him a contract and when they did it was with a $25,000 signing bonus. The bidding war for his services was intense. :devil:

Fixed....

:P<_<

What are you rambling about? Incognito was mediocre at best, is a head case who had been kicked off his previous team, and with Wood coming back healthy would have been an uneccessary risk to have on the team. The Dolphins have also lost 2 or their starting 3 D-lineman.

I don't know about the nastiest SOB in Incognito, but I wished they would have kept him as well. But you are a stupid Bills fan. Don't you know that you build a running game by drafting a RB and not offensive lineman? I mean really, look at the Dolphins. They win one game three years ago. Barely. And what does that dumbass Parcells do? Builds an offensive line. And how did that work out for them? Oh, so what if they made the playoffs the next season with broken down running backs. Or wait, no, maybe that was kind of smart.

OK, OK, look at those dumbass Jets. I mean, they sucked three years ago. What did those sorry S.O.B.'s do? They built their offensive line too, drafted a few studs, and filled in the rest of the line with some pickups. Those dumbasses actually helped their young QB and Chad Pennington before that with a line that could actually play. Still used a sorry ass old RB, and built the line. How stupid. Or no, wait, they are actually pretty good too.

OK, but the Bills, losers going on 10 years now, say we should build a running game by drafting yet another RB when we already have two above average backs. Way to go Buddy. I have nothing against Spiller, and probably will like his game. But the Bills front office has again proven why they are a bunch of buffoons. It's the same mistakes, year after year after year. Not only does our line suck, but a few of them are also coming back from major injuries. Maybe. What a great way to help an average QB, and a bad WR corps. Like I said, buffoons.

Do you realistically enter the season with Bell, Meredith, Green, and Wang as your OT's? Because if you do the QB's better buy extra personal injury insurance and get Cellino and Barnes on speed dial. Bell was a disaster a year ago before getting injured, Meredith couldn't make the Packers active roster when GB couldn't block Mama Pecoraro, Green was allowed to leave Oakland, and Wang is another project. That's positional negligence and Buffalo's OT situation is the worst in the NFL or close to it.

Pitts at LT? Man, I remember the days people wanted Levitre at OT because he played it in college. Heck, why not Nick Hennessey or Cordaro Howard? All you gotta be is strong and big to play LT, and it's not different than other OL positions. :devil:

I'm not saying its the best or optimal thing, I'm saying that's what I think we're doing. Whether or not you want to B word ad nauseam about it or not is another thing.

I don't know about the nastiest SOB in Incognito, but I wished they would have kept him as well. But you are a stupid Bills fan. Don't you know that you build a running game by drafting a RB and not offensive lineman? I mean really, look at the Dolphins. They win one game three years ago. Barely. And what does that dumbass Parcells do? Builds an offensive line. And how did that work out for them? Oh, so what if they made the playoffs the next season with broken down running backs. Or wait, no, maybe that was kind of smart.

OK, OK, look at those dumbass Jets. I mean, they sucked three years ago. What did those sorry S.O.B.'s do? They built their offensive line too, drafted a few studs, and filled in the rest of the line with some pickups. Those dumbasses actually helped their young QB and Chad Pennington before that with a line that could actually play. Still used a sorry ass old RB, and built the line. How stupid. Or no, wait, they are actually pretty good too.

OK, but the Bills, losers going on 10 years now, say we should build a running game by drafting yet another RB when we already have two above average backs. Way to go Buddy. I have nothing against Spiller, and probably will like his game. But the Bills front office has again proven why they are a bunch of buffoons. It's the same mistakes, year after year after year. Not only does our line suck, but a few of them are also coming back from major injuries. Maybe. What a great way to help an average QB, and a bad WR corps. Like I said, buffoons.

Wait, did the 2010 season end, and I missed it? :devil:

Or wait, did someone already pass the Kool Aid around, and I missed it? :devil:

so you have no faith in bell/meredith, hardy, johnson, easley, how about maybin, troup, carrington? Did you hate the Byrd and mckelvins picks as well?

Cause thats who we got. Ive said it once and i'll say it again, we have young talent, untested talent, but it is talent regardless.

You're right, they are. Ben Roethlisberger has been sacked at least 45 times every year he has been in the league. He has been the most sacked QB in the NFL once, number 2 twice, and never out of the top 5.
Scott is starting by default ( assuming he DOES start), because the previous starter got injured. And Big Ben takes tons of sacks, leading many to say that the O-line isn't that good, at least at pass blocking.

Regarding the Pittsburgh Steelers offensive line:

The Steelers were 19th in the NFL in rushing yards last year.

In 2008 they ranked 23rd in rushing yards.

In 2009, the Steelers surrendered 50 sacks, 2nd worst in the league.

In 2008 they surrendered 49 sacks, 4th worst in the league.

For at least the past two years, they've been a pretty poor offensive line, even allowing for the fact that Big Ben often holds the ball too long trying to extend the play.

I liked Jonathan Scott, too. But I really wouldn't have any idea how good/bad a lineman he is because I never really broke down his play.

Also, it'll be very interesting to see how our former O-line coach/their new O-line coach, Sean Kugler does.

No.

Why? T. Washington was easily a 2nd round talent in the draft and is sitting on the FA market and could be had for a 1 year minimum salary contract with no guaranteed money and no liabilities. O but your angry about something he did when he was 16. He is not some sexual deviant, and I care more about winning football games.

The Bills should man up and sign this kid. Its a $1 bet that could have a million dollar return, and if anyone in football deserves a second chance (Vick, Stallworth, etc) its this kid. His crime wasnt malicous in any way (just kinda gross).

30, 23, 46, 47, 46, 50. I don't see that as "at least 45 times every year he has been in the league." And as for "never out of the top 5," well, I find it hard to believe that the year he had 23 sacks he was in the top five.

The Steelers line hasn't been good the last three years or so, but his first two or three years, they were terrific.

Roethlisberger brings a lot of sacks on himself with his guts and willingness to stand in the pocket and take a hit rather than throwing it away. Don't like the guy, but I admire his abilities on the field.