Any Sirius Subscribers and Grateful Dead fans....

The Poojer

listen to The Golden Road on the Dead Channel? What a cool program, deadheads and dead experts talking about the past, present and future...the whole deadhead dynamic is so cool...the fact that people have such knowledge of the band and the recollection of shows and nuances within those shows is amazing to me. If you like the dead and haven't yet heard this show, it is every sunday from 4-6 PM. Great way to spend a lazy afternoon with some adult beverages, good tunes and cool conversations.

listen to The Golden Road on the Dead Channel? What a cool program, deadheads and dead experts talking about the past, present and future...the whole deadhead dynamic is so cool...the fact that people have such knowledge of the band and the recollection of shows and nuances within those shows is amazing to me. If you like the dead and haven't yet heard this show, it is every sunday from 4-6 PM. Great way to spend a lazy afternoon with some adult beverages, good tunes and cool conversations.

Man, i love that whole Dead channel. I could listen to those shows from 67-74 all day long. Oddly enough I openly despise all jam bands, but if the Dead play a version of Dark Star that lasts under 15 minutes I am sorely disappointed.

Man, i love that whole Dead channel. I could listen to those shows from 67-74 all day long. Oddly enough I openly despise all jam bands, but if the Dead play a version of Dark Star that lasts under 15 minutes I am sorely disappointed.

And I openly despise band that play 3 minute songs. Give me a good 45 minute non-stop jam and I'm in heaven.

I saw .moe at the Harbor in Buffalo a few weeks ago. I like all kinds of music but, for me, you can definitely hit a limit on jam band music. No song needs to be 45 minutes long.

PTR

You're absolutely right. Some need to be 60 minutes :devil: . But FYI moe does not jam for 45 minutes on any one song. They'll start with one song transition into another, then another and many times transition back to the original song and it's done flawlessly. And every show they do is completely different, I hate bands that play the same set night after night. It helps when you know the band songs very well otherwise I could see why it could be boring.