back to fredonia!

as alum of the great SUNY fredonia, i suggest moving the team back there for no reason other than this quote from the Roch D&C

The Bills moved their camp to Fisher in 2000, and they have not made the playoffs since. It's unlikely there's a correlation between Fisher and their futility, but only Detroit has an equal-length absence from the NFL's postseason. Since bringing their camp here, the Bills are on their sixth head coach (counting Perry Fewell's interim status last year), and their fifth general manager. Nine different quarterbacks have started games, seven men have served as offensive coordinator, only one of their 12 first-round draft picks has played in a Pro Bowl as a member of the Bills. There has been only one season when the Bills won more games than they lost — 9-7 in 2004.

whaaaat?

as alum of the great SUNY fredonia, i suggest moving the team back there for no reason other than this quote from the Roch D&C

The Bills moved their camp to Fisher in 2000, and they have not made the playoffs since. It's unlikely there's a correlation between Fisher and their futility, but only Detroit has an equal-length absence from the NFL's postseason. Since bringing their camp here, the Bills are on their sixth head coach (counting Perry Fewell's interim status last year), and their fifth general manager. Nine different quarterbacks have started games, seven men have served as offensive coordinator, only one of their 12 first-round draft picks has played in a Pro Bowl as a member of the Bills. There has been only one season when the Bills won more games than they lost — 9-7 in 2004.

whaaaat?

Hail Freedonia!

whaaaat?

the Club Med philosophy employed at Fischer is why the team has played soft and sucked for 10 years

Lou, the quality of your posts have suffered since you changed avatars. Bring the dog back!!!!

that ass is distracting! you may be right

and when i do post something that makes for conversation, its gets pulled off the wall quick....

whaaaat?

Regardless of the location the camp director has the controls....

Fun Camp = No Playoffs..... Chan Camp = Play offs... Maybe not in 2010 but soon

the Club Med philosophy employed at Fischer is why the team has played soft and sucked for 10 years

The entire NFL has went to a Club Med mentality, every since Corey Stringers death, you have been few and far between double sessions, if any. When I first started going to camp over 10 years ago, every other day was a double session, now they really don't exist. Plus, with todays spoiled athletes, they B word and moan if it gets too hard, or file a grievance against the team.

The entire NFL has went to a Club Med mentality, every since Corey Stringers death, you have been few and far between double sessions, if any. When I first started going to camp over 10 years ago, every other day was a double session, now they really don't exist. Plus, with todays spoiled athletes, they B word and moan if it gets too hard, or file a grievance against the team.

you catch on quick

the Bills camps for the last 10 years have been cupcake driven- just as you observed

most successful contending teams, however,  practice a bit harder

Firstly, the movement towards a less-physical training camp started WAY before Korey Stringer's death in 2001.

As Bills fans, I think we all remember that fifteen years before Stringer's death, Marv Levy was one of the early proponents of a non-traditional training camp in which he chose not to physically beat his players up…thus the moniker, Club Marv.

Secondly I'm not aware of any grievance filed against a team by a player for a training camp workout being too tough.

The NFL HAS recently cracked down on the amount of contact during minicamps and OTAs because these workouts are non-contact workouts. That's why the only protective equipment the players wear are helmets.

I won't argue with your opinions because they are your opinions (ie-NFL players are spoiled athletes).

But at least try to keep the facts straight.

In summary, the only thing Korey Stringer's death did was to make sure that there were procedures in place (training in light colored uniforms, ice, water, shade and cooling baths readily available, a team doctor at practice at all times) to avoid death by heat stroke.

I'm 5 minutes away from training camp--please don't leave, Chan!

Don't believe that where you train has anything to do with the Bills' playoff drought.

New trainers, new coach, Spiller-Jackson-Lynch with a little Evans-Hardy-Nelson might have more to do with a turnaround.