Another 2010 Bills season preview

The best most thorough review of this team I have seen in the media. As with any review one can disagree with particular points but one would be making a big mistake to reject this entire piece due to particular issue disagreements. I am very impressed.

Best line in the article:

"Some N.F.L. teams’ second-string lines are better than Buffalo’s starting front five."

Scott Pitoniak, formerly of the Rochester D and C was on Howard Simon's show the other day and echoed what most prognosticators say about the Bills. That their RB's and secondary are their strongest positions. Teams with issues at QB, protecting the QB and rushing the opposing QB don't win many games.

Excellent article. It strikes me as right about most everything, but it does make one error. It says that Bell lacks quickness at LT. That's not actually true, although the writer's broader point about Bell sucking certainly is. So I can't really fault him for his evaluation of Bell despite that one slip-up.

Great read, Sphere. Thanks!

He leaves out the likelyhood that Wood will return and Gaily's anticipated multiple shifts will provide the OL with another second of defensive uncertainty. Something our opponents haven't worried about the last 4 years. These two aspects alone greatly enhance the OL's chances this season. IF -a big if- they stay healthy, we could be competitive deep in the season. That, alone, is improvement