WBC out-protested again

:w00t::D Wonder if that was /dev/null/ with the hypnotoad sign ... :thumbsup:

:thumbsup: I thought the same thing!!!

What the heck could they have been protesting at a comics convention?

Link

God Loves Gay Robin – Comic-Con Vs Westboro Baptist Church

Submitted by Rich Johnston on July 22, 2010 – 3:42 pm (27) comments

So Westboro Baptist Church picketed Comic-Con for “worshipping false idols.” And Comic-Con picketed back. Playing the role of an “embedded journalist” I got stuck in… shouting with the microphone “I find your lack of faith… disturbing.”

Anyway, here’s how the whole event went down. The Westboro crew were outnumbered, outgunned and police-protected. And a mixture of organised groups, independently motivated individuals and, let’s be honest =, one or two wackos, let them know how we felt. God loves Gay Robin indeed…

More great pics there too.

Sheesh. To me, protesting is a pointless activity.

Would anyone even know who these people are if they never held a protest? They've clearly accomplished something by doing it.

Sheesh. To me, protesting is a pointless activity.

depends on what your ultimate goal is. if it is to enact change, then yeah, protesting is pretty pointless.

if it is to get attention and publicity by the ridiculous things you say, then it can work quite well. WBC being the case in point.

there is no correlation between what the WBC "stands for" and ComicCon. they just went there because they knew there would be a lot of people and cameras. they have no real goal except to get famous.

Would anyone even know who these people are if they never held a protest? They've clearly accomplished something by doing it.

depends on what your ultimate goal is. if it is to enact change, then yeah, protesting is pretty pointless.

if it is to get attention and publicity by the ridiculous things you say, then it can work quite well. WBC being the case in point.

Only goal I had in college when I protested was to get laid. Didn't even care what I was protesting.

I'm pretty sure that dynamic hasn't changed...and consider: the Westboro Baptist Church members are a bunch of inbred hicks... :w00t: